New Engine For 1990 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luisma55

:unsure: My 1990 Accord (5 speed) have 175000 miles, starting to give some problems. Instead of of doing an engine overhaul, I have been thinking of getting a new engine with more power. I know a littli bit about mechanics but I do not understand the different engine available, and which one I can swap without much modifications.

I live in Louisville, KY.

I need help.

Luisma55 Luisma55@bellsouth.net

Holy wrong forum Batman! Moving....

Try searching the forum a little. I'll bet you'll get lots of info about swapping an H22 or H23 into your car.

Hey man if your looking for the cheaper of the two that I think is worth it is the H23A1 swap you can find the full swap for the average of $1000 if not cheaper it's got lower compresion to turbo and you can always do the vtec head swap down the road for a good power boost I'm doing it in my 4dr 91' accord. But the H22A is a pretty bad motor too, both out of preludes. Good Luck!

Go with the h22a your car will be running as good as new if you get it from JDMPower.net :p. An H23 swap is good too. If you are going to do it yourself do the H23 since you wont have to do any type of difficult wiring.

Back