1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New engine

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Civ04GM, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Civ04GM

Civ04GM Junior Member

I got a 04 civc lx. Nothing done under the hood and it is slow as dick. I'm considering getting a new engine put in to make it faster. I have about a grand to spend. What would you do to make my car go faster??

2. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

if you only have a grand you only have two option to gain any REAL power, 1.) save your money for a swap. 2.) 75 shot.

3. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

you could always sell your car for about $10k and then buy an EG and stick a b16a2 in it with a turbo!

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

oh yea you can swap a k into it!!!!

5. Civ04GM

Civ04GM Junior Member

Can u be more descriptive? I really don’t know half the stuff you are talking about. less abbreviations please. Im new at this.

6. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

"2.) 75 shot."-75 horsepower shot of nitrous oxide.
    "buy an EG and stick a b16a2" -92-95 Civic hatchback with 1.6 liter dual overhead cam vtec engine
    "swap a k into it!!!!"-K series engine. Comes in the new Civic SI, RSX, TSX, etc.

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

you can do a K (kay) series swap into your car. the K (kay) series came from the new honda's like the RSX, the Civic Si, the TSX, the CRV, the Element as well as the TSX. All ar egoing to require Kpro from Hondata.

this would more than likely be your best option, becuase the D (dee) series in your car is shitty, D17's suck. Good luck, contact http://hasport.com for mounts that will be needed, contact http://hondata.com for the ecu and possible harness rewiring that will be needed and lastly contact http://hmotorsonline.com for the healthy K series engine from a DC5R (japanese integra type r)

good luck.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you wont be doing a swap on 1000 bucks. end of story.

9. Civ04GM

Civ04GM Junior Member

thanks a lot, I have more than 1 grand, but I was only hoping to spend 1. if i did all brian11to1 said could do. how much do you think all of this would cost me. thanks again.

10. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

5500 for the K20a
    500 for mounts
    700 for the k-pro

plus a bunch of other crap like new intakes, exhaust mods, shifter stuff, etc etc...

11. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

just leave it. it still has a warranty on it. people don't buy civics for power. they buy them for fuel economy and reliability. trade it for a new si or something if you want power out of a civic.

12. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

:withstupid:

What were you expecting out of the world's favorite economy car? A v8? If you want power, you should either sell that car and get a faster one, sell that car and build a faster one, or build that car. A turbo setup on that car would probably do good, but you'd have to do an obd2-obd1 conversion, then build the engine. But doing it the right way will cost quite a bit more than a grand. Shoot, my tuning gear for my build alone cost me around 500.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted