New Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pacolaco590

OK, so I have a 1995 honda civic dx, all stock, non-vtec. My engine recently started blowing oil, it only does it at higher rpms. So I've decided it's time to get a new engine put in. I don't have the money for a B16 or B18, so I've decided to get a D15B engine and a manual transmission. First, woud this engine work with my civic? Because all the engines for sale say it replaces the ex and si models. And next, about how much would it cost to convert my automatic transmission to a manual? Thanks

I don't see why you don't do at least a b18b if you are going to go through the trouble of swapping engines and converting from automatic to manual. You can get a complete b18b swap with automatic trans for cheap, unless you just really want a manual trans now.
I didn't think any 5th gen EX or SI Civic came with a d15b. A d15 should be fine in your car. That's what came in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-up-Honda...072911425QQrdZ1
That's just the first thing I found. I might have dug deeper, but it's time for me to go home. Do some searching. You might find a better deal looking in junk yards. I found one close to my house for $600 but I opted to go with a bit more power. As much money as these engines cost, do yourself a favor and research, research, research. Figure out what you want and what you plan to do with it in the future. Of course, budget is an issue for most of us, also. Take time to look into it and you will be happy in the end knowing that you got exactly what you want.

if you can afford the b18b i would go that route. leave it automatic unless you have really good mechanic skills. the d15b is a good daily driver motor if that is all you are looking for. you will just have to wire in vtec.

my bro,has a d16y8 with tranny and shift linkage.The y8 has a stage 1 comp cam,skunk2 cam gear,chikara headers,and brand new valves springs(compcams) not mounted.the engine was rebuild 1-2 months before we took it out.pm me if interested.

Quoted post[/post]]
my bro,has a d16y8 with tranny and shift linkage.The y8 has a stage 1 comp cam,skunk2 cam gear,chikara headers,and brand new valves springs(compcams) not mounted.the engine was rebuild 1-2 months before we took it out.pm me if interested.
$550.pick up.$700 shipped.

Back