New exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

I know this question has popped up about a billion times over, but I would just like some opinions on which exhaust I should consider buying. I need an exhaust that is not very loud and that looks almost stock and that can be able to handle FI. I was considering the rsr ex mag, but I'm not sure if that exhaust would be o.k for a turbo setup. I'm willing to pay enough for a good catback. Thanks

what motor and how much power are you trying to make?...or you could be like my friend and get an e-cutout. his car is quiter than stock (stock exhaust + turbo) untill he opens that baby up.

Quoted post[/post]]
what motor and how much power are you trying to make?...or you could be like my friend and get an e-cutout. his car is quiter than stock (stock exhaust + turbo) untill he opens that baby up.
It's an H22 and as far as power not too sure yet. What's an e-cutout? Is is custom made and approx how much does it cost?

well you CAN have a full cat back with a turbo, but its gonna prevent you from making power...good example, check out the galant VR4 dyno in auto-multimedia

buy this [the best price i found
25_large.jpg

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/store/...uct_detail&p=25
and buy mandrels, a silencer from a welding shop and a nice non egay muffler ...put the cut out after the flex and before the silencer...remember a turbo will quiet the sound also...and the silencer looks like a glass pack but inside its not straight through and it kills performance....all this should be 3"....

Apexi WS flat black with an E-cutout before the silencer, in place of the cat. Either that, or try Kteller for some 3" mandrel bends.

Quoted post[/post]]
buy this [the best price i found
25_large.jpg

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/store/...uct_detail&p=25
and buy mandrels, a silencer from a welding shop and a nice non egay muffler ...put the cut out after the flex and before the silencer...remember a turbo will quiet the sound also...and the silencer looks like a glass pack but inside its not straight through and it kills performance....all this should be 3"....

incorrect, a silencer is straight thru. and will not kill performance. affect it yes but not kill it. besides if you put an e-cutout in there before it then it doesnt matter

look bro... i just dropped off some things at my local exhaust shop last week. and i saw it first hand and i looked in it...i know the diff between a glass pack/resonator.....ohh and my mechanic has a silencer on his b20vtec, with a cut out and it does make a difference.... ill take a pic of it when i pick up my cross member... :cool: :cool:

Back