1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New exhaust

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mozzandherb, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

I know this question has popped up about a billion times over, but I would just like some opinions on which exhaust I should consider buying. I need an exhaust that is not very loud and that looks almost stock and that can be able to handle FI. I was considering the rsr ex mag, but I'm not sure if that exhaust would be o.k for a turbo setup. I'm willing to pay enough for a good catback. Thanks

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

quiet and non restrictive for turbo dont usually go together, bro.

3. mozzandherb

So you're saying I'm fucked?....C'mon Reiko there's got to be something

4. preludebuddy

preludebuddy Senior Member

what motor and how much power are you trying to make?...or you could be like my friend and get an e-cutout. his car is quiter than stock (stock exhaust + turbo) untill he opens that baby up.

5. mozzandherb

It's an H22 and as far as power not too sure yet. What's an e-cutout? Is is custom made and approx how much does it cost?

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

well you CAN have a full cat back with a turbo, but its gonna prevent you from making power...good example, check out the galant VR4 dyno in auto-multimedia

7. formby

formby learning in progress

buy this [the best price i found
    [​IMG]
    http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/store/...uct_detail&p=25
    and buy mandrels, a silencer from a welding shop and a nice non egay muffler ...put the cut out after the flex and before the silencer...remember a turbo will quiet the sound also...and the silencer looks like a glass pack but inside its not straight through and it kills performance....all this should be 3"....

8. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Apexi WS flat black with an E-cutout before the silencer, in place of the cat. Either that, or try Kteller for some 3" mandrel bends.

9. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

incorrect, a silencer is straight thru. and will not kill performance. affect it yes but not kill it. besides if you put an e-cutout in there before it then it doesnt matter

10. formby

formby learning in progress

look bro... i just dropped off some things at my local exhaust shop last week. and i saw it first hand and i looked in it...i know the diff between a glass pack/resonator.....ohh and my mechanic has a silencer on his b20vtec, with a cut out and it does make a difference.... ill take a pic of it when i pick up my cross member... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted