New fresh build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beater1

I have been doing the research, and have noticed alot of people using the B20b for their builds because they come with 84 mm pistons already, therefore the money is saved for the machine work on a B18C. The B20 doesnt come with a girdle, but not a major thing to get in its place if it can have one. See, here is the dilema, i want to use the best block and head setup, and know i have to use a different head from the block for the better power. But i dont really know what the best combination is! This is what i was thinking for the build(block and head):

B18c1 block, have it hot tanked/acid bathed, sleeved and bored to 84 mm, use an LS crank and rods for the longer stroke and have it micro polished, low compression pistons for turbo and have them coated for extra protection and boost stress, block guard for extra strength at high boost, a custom billet 4 cyl. block girdle, Type-R oil pick-up and pump.

Type-R head match ported and polished, multiangle valve job using stage 3 street/strip cams, oversized(+1) titanium valves, Dual [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]valve [COLOR=blue! important]springs[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], lifters, seats, etc. all same maker to insure parts will work together, adjustable cam gears. The [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]fuel [COLOR=blue! important]system[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] will be all same brand and ported and polished for more power capabilities.
If there are any suggestions for this build according to my plan above, please give them up. If there is a better way to go, please let me know and explain in detail. I want to do this right the first time and get some really good numbers out of it! I want to be over 400whp and about 375-400 trq. Might sound crazy, but thats the plan and i am sticking to it. Plus, i got a friend with a turbo probe with fully built motor and hes talking alot of S#!T(friendly) and its time for me to smoke his a$$ in a 4 cyl. Got him plenty in the V8, but thats not a real race! So, please help me out!

Back