New from FL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JLa Obsessed

Fear the Dub6
Whats up guys, thinking about doing a H22 swap on my 01 accord so I figured this was the right forum to join. My only problem is its a V6 automatic and I want to throw in a manual tranny as well. Anyone done this before?

not going to happen. the v6 cars are entirely different and won't take a 4-banger without custom stuff. sell it and atart over with a 4-banger chassis. it will be cheaper and actually work :D

welcome to the site though :D

not going to happen. the v6 cars are entirely different and won't take a 4-banger without custom stuff. sell it and atart over with a 4-banger chassis. it will be cheaper and actually work :D

welcome to the site though :D

well that's shitty lol

Welcome to the site fellow Floridian. Great weather this passed week, eh?

well that's shitty lol

Why would you want to downgrade to an H22 any way? Yeah, it makes the same horsepower but 40 lbs less torque. Keep the V6. If you want a manual tranny then swap it out for a six-speed from one of the V6 Acuras that use a J-series engine.

Also, NO TECH QUESTIONS IN THE LOUNGE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:D

Why would you want to downgrade to an H22 any way? Yeah, it makes the same horsepower but 40 lbs less torque. Keep the V6. If you want a manual tranny then swap it out for a six-speed from one of the V6 Acuras that use a J-series engine.

Also, NO TECH QUESTIONS IN THE LOUNGE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:D

ZOMG! come to caraudio.com and you'll be a noob too, don't have to be a dick about it

i say drop a new accord v6 motor with a stick shift in it.

ZOMG! come to caraudio.com and you'll be a noob too, don't have to be a dick about it

I was just giving you a hard time, douche. I figured you would realize that by the capitalization and million exclamation points, but I guess not. Oh, and I'd prefer not to hang out on caraudio.com as I have zero interest in car audio besides a headunit that works...

Anyway, did you read what I said about keeping your V6 and bolting up an Acura manual transmission? It's been done before, do some research into it...

Last edited:
I was just giving you a hard time, douche. I figured you would realize that by the capitalization and million exclamation points, but I guess not. Oh, and I'd prefer not to hang out on caraudio.com as I have zero interest in car audio besides a headunit that works...

Anyway, did you read what I said about keeping your V6 and bolting up an Acura manual transmission? It's been done before, do some research into it...

I like your idea the best...how much would that run me? I looked into doing an engine swap with one of the new accord V6's but that's way to expensive. Sorry for being an ass I just hate being called a noob, haha if your a mod you can bump this to the accord section. Thx

Back