1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guitar!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Xanatos, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i know nothing about these... so ill just say cool coloring

reckedracing likes this.
  3. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

I fucking love Ibanez. I have 8 or 9 ibanez guitars/bass myself. 1 RG, but my favorite of the guitars is my 1984 Roadstar II. That thing sounds amazing.

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

everyone knows djent starts at G# man... geeze...

get some pickups. those stock ibz deals are horrible.

5. Xanatos

@Briansol These are the first ones I've ever gotten in a stock Ibanez that didn't make me want to replace them immediately. I traded in my old RG towards this one, it came with "Infinity" pickups that were horrible.

The "QM" pickups in this one, for being Ibanez made are very nice. I read they're very comparable to one of DiMarzio's nicer sets. The 5 way switch allows for some cool tones, I can do blues, jazz, funk, reggae etc with all the clean tone options. And it handles distortion on the low end. I was amazed at how nice this guitar was out of the box. I have a humble setup with a 50watt Peavey Valveking, a Moog Multi-Effect pedal, a Tube Screamer and a Boss noise gate and it all sounded great together. I'm pretty happy and have to recommend this model to anyone else.

Also got my 8 string for the crazy stuff haha. My low string is a .80 tuned to E.
    So its like EAEADGBE for octave chugging.

6. Briansol

ah, yeah the qms are way better than the other ones. I couldn't get down with the 8s i played in the stores. just too much going on. I picked up a cheapo 7321 that i then spent a ton of money on getting set up just perfect.

the action is awesome now and i have a SD Pegasus / Sentient set in it. I run a 6505+ half stack, a decimator G in the loop, and a line6 delay, and that's about it. I usually run that guy in drop a. is your 8 a 25.5" ?

7. Xanatos

@Briansol My 8 is a 27", it's the base model RG8. I wasn't sure how much use it would get so I didnt wanna pony up the money for an expensive one. My band likes it and I've written some cool riffs for our original stuff on it so it turned into a decent investment. Using the TS9 and the Noise Gate I can make the pups sound decently crisp on the low end but I'm still researching pickups to put in it... I tend to favor DiMarzio and really not like EMGs. I wanna get a set of whatever is in the Tosin Abasi signature model

9 and 10 strings hit the market within the last year too... I'm personal friends with the manager of the guitar department at our local Sam Ash and he ordered a 9 for the store so I could try. It was miserable, though I'm curious what Meshuggah is gonna do with them. Lol

Briansol likes this.
  8. Briansol

yeah active pickups suck. passive is where its at. im looking to try a set of bare knuckles or lace some day

9. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

Add one of these to your Guitars

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted