New Guitar!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xanatos

Village Idiot
VIP
I'm really hyped to pick up an Ibanez RG421PB. I traded in 2 older guitars and a bass that I hadn't played lately (since my Teggy has left me low-ish on funds). It sounds great and right now I've got it in Drop A for some heavier riffing, as I play a lot of Djent and Progressive.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_...5&cat_id=1&series_id=1&data_id=187&color=CL02
20150618_190427.jpg

I fucking love Ibanez. I have 8 or 9 ibanez guitars/bass myself. 1 RG, but my favorite of the guitars is my 1984 Roadstar II. That thing sounds amazing.

everyone knows djent starts at G# man... geeze...

get some pickups. those stock ibz deals are horrible.

@Briansol These are the first ones I've ever gotten in a stock Ibanez that didn't make me want to replace them immediately. I traded in my old RG towards this one, it came with "Infinity" pickups that were horrible.

The "QM" pickups in this one, for being Ibanez made are very nice. I read they're very comparable to one of DiMarzio's nicer sets. The 5 way switch allows for some cool tones, I can do blues, jazz, funk, reggae etc with all the clean tone options. And it handles distortion on the low end. I was amazed at how nice this guitar was out of the box. I have a humble setup with a 50watt Peavey Valveking, a Moog Multi-Effect pedal, a Tube Screamer and a Boss noise gate and it all sounded great together. I'm pretty happy and have to recommend this model to anyone else.

Also got my 8 string for the crazy stuff haha. My low string is a .80 tuned to E.
So its like EAEADGBE for octave chugging.

ah, yeah the qms are way better than the other ones. I couldn't get down with the 8s i played in the stores. just too much going on. I picked up a cheapo 7321 that i then spent a ton of money on getting set up just perfect.

the action is awesome now and i have a SD Pegasus / Sentient set in it. I run a 6505+ half stack, a decimator G in the loop, and a line6 delay, and that's about it. I usually run that guy in drop a. is your 8 a 25.5" ?

@Briansol My 8 is a 27", it's the base model RG8. I wasn't sure how much use it would get so I didnt wanna pony up the money for an expensive one. My band likes it and I've written some cool riffs for our original stuff on it so it turned into a decent investment. Using the TS9 and the Noise Gate I can make the pups sound decently crisp on the low end but I'm still researching pickups to put in it... I tend to favor DiMarzio and really not like EMGs. I wanna get a set of whatever is in the Tosin Abasi signature model

9 and 10 strings hit the market within the last year too... I'm personal friends with the manager of the guitar department at our local Sam Ash and he ordered a 9 for the store so I could try. It was miserable, though I'm curious what Meshuggah is gonna do with them. Lol

yeah active pickups suck. passive is where its at. im looking to try a set of bare knuckles or lace some day

Back