new guy help\,wiring/ecu confusion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uptownsamcv

im new to the honda scene and just baught a crx. the guy i baught it from told me he did the obd1 conversion but im thinking he didnt. the ecu is a PR4-A02 and its labeled 90 integra LS in marker and the ecu is chipped. my neighbor's boy was telling me that it must be OBD1 cause my car has no injector resistor box. i knwo with odl toyotas if you run th einjectors without resistors it would burn out the ecu so i was told, are hondas the same? the intake manifodl that is on there is labeled P08 and it looks similar to the one my boy had laying around that came off his 93 hatch. the car also seems to be running kinda rich and a bit erratic. i looked up some ecu pinouts and hooked up the single wire O2 sensor straight to the ECU cause i couldnt figure out where it went on the harness. he todl me the car use to have a B16 turbo. there was a 2 wire green plug that wasnt going to anything hangin loose under the distributor. my boy told me not to worry about it thats for the v tec solenoid. the motor thats in it now is a regualr crx engine but he said it has stronger rods and high comp pistons and a 5 angle valve job. how much fuel pressure is recomended? right now its at 45psi, ive read that it should be around 30-38.

PR4 ECUs came in both OBD0 and OBD1 - you can tell which it is by looking at the connectors - 88-91 are OBD0 and 92-95 are OBD1 - OBD1 ECU in OBD0 car would require the use of a jumper connector at the ECU

ecuplugs2.jpg

whether a resistor box is needed depends on what injectors are being used - OBD0 injectors require resistor box - OBD1 injectors don't need resistor box

If the engine is SOHC, the PR4 ECU is not a good ECU to be running - it will make it run rich - best choice would be a PM6 from 88-91 CRX/Civic Si

Back