New guy here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

enixu4

I got a tech friend working at honda and he's been getting me into cars lately. I just recently (last year) bought a 94 civic ex (manual 5spd, 109-115hp, 1.6L, 109lbs @ 6500redline) that has a low 14k miles on it for $7,000. I know its a bit high but I just needed a reliable car for now. Also the car is practically brand new, all the interior is just about flawless.
I have recently changed my master and slave clutch cylinders and my cv jonits, I know I have to change my timing belt and any other rubber related part in the car due to rubber becoming brittle over time. If I were to do any mods to my car I was thinking to get an engine first. The engine that comes to mind is a Prelude H22A1, I'm told I have to buy a specific mount/adapter for my car but seeing that I'm new to cars I have no clue. I'm not sure if I should do that or buy intakes, exhaust etc first. Installation wise my friend at honda can teach me that, its just that he works during the times I'm off work so its hard to contact each other. ANY kind of designs I do to this car will be last. I'm serious about learning about cars now, so if anyone could help on pointers or point me in a direction(books/mag/websites/etc) to learn I'll be commited. Driving wise I've been practicing for over a year now so I know how the stock civic I have can corner etc. I'm tired of driving an 18sec car!!!!!

welcome

is this car just your daily driver? are you planning to do any kind of racing i.e. drag or autox/road course?

daily driver the h22a from a prelude is great. the money you spend on the engine is well spent compared to the bolt ons (intake, exhaust, etc).

you'll need to buy a bolt in kit for the h22a to fit though.

computer...shutting down...prc...noooooooooooooo

When picking you motor, you should first consider what you want to do with the car(auto-x, drag, etc...) The gsr swap would be my choice. It will give plenty of hp and torque to move your civic around. The H22a is not a bad motor, it jsut will take a little more work to get it in. The gsr and b16a are pretty straight foward swaps. Are you going FI(turbo, SC) or N/A? how much money do you have?

If you are interested in information, check out the tech articles.

BTW, welcome..

Well let us know what times you want, how much money you can spend, and what type of auto sport you plan on doing.

Then we can help steer you in the right direction so that you spend the least and get the most.

Milan

Back