New guy! Need Advice!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

guitarjon

Hey. I'm being honest, I'm new at starting all this. I've got a 99 Civic EX Coupe. It's an automatic, 67k miles, and doing good since I bought it. When I got it, it came with the new cold air intake, tail lights, Motegi racing rims, and new shocks/springs. My budget is a bit limited, but I'll be pulling in more money soon. I'm wondering how to start tuning my car for better performance. I've considered putting in a new air insert and intake to start small. Where off from that should I go?

rip off the tail lights and put them on ebay.
more cash to mod.

toss the heavy ass wheels for something lighter. that will probably give you the best gain for the money to start with. a ncie let set of rotas or kosei k1's would beawesome in a 15 :)

Roger that, lighter rims. I dunno about the taillights, though. I'll consider it. What about performance wise for the engine? I brought up the air insert because I know that I could get a lil extra hp in it, along w/ better fuel economy (or so I've been told). Any help and advice would be appreciated.

:TAILLIGHTS MUST GO: (need a smiley for that yO'), and swap in an manual in place of the automagic! Where are you located? I have seen this ugly fucking black 01 or 02 Civic with dual exhuast, motegi's and it's an automagic transmission... just curious, but seriously get a 5 speed, lighter 16" wheels, exhuast, intake, header, electric water pump (he he)... NAwwws man you need nawwws... ha kidding

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 29 2003, 05:07 PM
:TAILLIGHTS MUST GO: (need a smiley for that yO'), and swap in an manual in place of the automagic! Where are you located? I have seen this ugly fucking black 01 or 02 Civic with dual exhuast, motegi's and it's an automagic transmission... just curious, but seriously get a 5 speed, lighter 16" wheels, exhuast, intake, header, electric water pump (he he)... NAwwws man you need nawwws... ha kidding

I'm located in Williamsburg, VA. No, my car only has a single exhaust, and it's a 99. If I could, I'd drop a new engine in it, but I won't have that kind of money for a while. I'd definetly go for a 5 spd any day, though. NOS, hehe, I plan on waitin before I blow my car up :p Any recommendations for lighter rims? And remember, cheaper is better (in my case, anyways).

Back