new guy needs guidence

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gonzo_gsr

I'm new here, so I really can't find the information that I need pretaining to my current situation. I wrecked my gsr hatch, I found a shell, cheep; to transfer all of my performance parts, the only problem is that the shell is an auto. Is it worth it,(if so how do I find the info) or should I wait, and pay more for a 5sp. shell. Thank you in advance

-gonzo

Originally posted by gonzo_gsr@Jan 3 2005, 08:37 PM
I'm new here, so I really can't find the information that I need pretaining to my current situation. I wrecked my gsr hatch, I found a shell, cheep; to transfer all of my performance parts, the only problem is that the shell is an auto. Is it worth it,(if so how do I find the info) or should I wait, and pay more for a 5sp. shell. Thank you in advance

-gonzo
[post=440679]Quoted post[/post]​

I see you had a manual hatch before...I think you should be in good hands since you already have all the necessary parts for the swap..... doing a auto to manual conversion is a piece of cake....The only problem i see is that (Im not sure about the hatch) but I beleive the passenger side mount is sitting upwards instead of flat.... <_< <---get it? I beleive Hsaport makes mounts for that..I dont know..Im cheap so I just custom made mines.... either way....I'd say go for it..........

There's a couple of write ups on this......

Try Searching......... :)

I had my search messed up until just now. sorry for asking a reduntant question, I'm a little slow
gonzo

Originally posted by gonzo_gsr@Jan 3 2005, 07:37 PM

-gonzo
[post=440679]Quoted post[/post]​

That swap is a piece of cake. Not much extra work required. Mainly getting the pedal assembly from onother car and taking the steering column down a little so you can get the old one out. That and getting a line made for the clutch master cyl. to the slave cyl. The next job is taking a small sheet of aluminum and making a plate to cover the big hole you will have after taking out the automatic shifter box. Cause now there will be a bigger hole and you need a small hole just for the shifter to go thru. But other than that your good!

auto to manual will be a cake walk since you have the wrecked car with ALL the parts you need...

cake dude... just take everything from your car and put it in the new one...

Back