New Guy - Questions About My '02 EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

006%20Gun%20Metal%20Stainless%20Steel%20Lip_l.jpg

Sportmax 006
You can get all 4 17's at edgeracing.com, decent price for a very good rim.

those are nice wheels. then get the rubber at tirerack.com or discount tires.

Wow thanks a lot guys, I had googled images but hadn't come up with any pics like those. You are right black rims would look sexy.

If you don't wanna go black on black, maybe black on some bronze wheels would be more your taste? IMO thats a really good look for just about any car. Ever thought of gunmetal either? Both of those provide a little contrast.

As for other mods, I'd just get a decent intake for it, sound system and call it good. An intake will make it sound good when you give it a little gas getting on the freeway and what not, while still retaining stock appearance.

another wheel that looks sick on black cars, black wheels with red stripe.

48563d1190646850-experiences-niche-venice-wheels-black-rim-red-trim.jpg

slipstream_black_with_red_lip_on_subaru.jpg

^ Agreed, but I don't think that would look too good on my car. I think that looks a lot better on sportier cars, I kinda want to keep mine looking stylish (i.e. not so racy) at least for now.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with black w/polished lip or some kind of gray-metal rim I just need to find one I like and save a load of $$ because I'm broke as hell right now (paid mom back from tranny work)

BTW Nick do you know what brand that black/red wheel is at the top of your post? It looks really nice I'd like those if they had them in black/polished.

^ Dude I love you... :wub:
gay.gif

I don't really care for them. but it's all a matter of opinion. you can use an online program to test how they look.

1 thing to remember. you can't always pick the car or mods that you have. but you can control how it looks. keeping it really clean (not dirty, no garbage, clean wheels and windows) will make a world of difference. take care of your car and people will respect it.

lol I didn't mean that literally...

In any case idk I think they look really nice but I don't think they'd look that good on my car. I'm probably going to go with something more like this

VT4556BM.jpg

I think that would look sexy on my Accord. Oh and I always do everything in my power to keep my car looking nice, as I said earlier she's my baby.

Yep I think those are the ones I'm gonna go with, Tenzo Type M v2's... Either black w/polished lip or machined silver, they look sexy as hell.

type-m_blkmachface.jpg

I hear Tenzo is a crap brand though... guess I can't expect much out of cheap rims eh?

Last edited:
i like the other ones better. the solid black would look good. get the car lowered 1.5" with some GOOD springs.

Eh... with Tenzo just don't hit a pothole of decent size or youll have a messed up bent rim lol

not sure how you feel about it, but there are size options for that car. Came stock with 16s or a factory upgrade of 17 were offered. Then 07+, which is basically the same car comes with 18 and 19 inch options. The 19s are awsome, but not $2500 worth of awesome.

pds10.jpg

he might be able to find those used online somewhere. try checking craigslist and ebay.

Those are pretty damn nice, I like the tenzo's better but I bet those OEMs are much better quality... I searched craiglist/ebay but didn't find those, I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I guess my only concern now is would it be a bad idea to go with tenzos on my daily driver?

I mean I can't afford having to park my car for hitting a small pothole, much less replacing a rim every time it happens. Should I be alright as long as I avoid hitting anything?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. just drive your car accordingly, avoid humongous potholes regardless of what rims are on the car. Also don't get too low of a profile (sidewall) tire, the lower the sidewall the easier it is for the edge of the pothole to compress the tire down and hit the rim.

Back