new guy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eclipseswap

hey whats up im new here. i have a 93 civic. im here because im swapping a 4g63 into my car a mitsubishi engine. my friend from www.mitspro.com told me to come here so maybe you guys will help me out a lot. looking forward to posts my questions

this is more of a honda motor swapping site- but good luck with that, we'll help as much as we can :shrug2:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@May 2 2004, 05:50 PM
welcome

you are putting a Mitsubishi motor into a Honda Civic?? :hmm:

its been done. ive seen a rare couple - not in person, though. too bad i lost all my favorites when i reinstalled windows.

4g63t owns you. B)

good luck. why dont u just buy a neon if u wanna use a mitsu motor ?
o well if u get it to work you'll haul ass

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2004, 07:44 PM
why?

crank walk sucks.

:yes:

unless its an EVO 4g63....that would be tight

but if its not, your crank might decide to take a little stroll.....out of your block.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+May 2 2004, 08:28 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 2 2004, 07:44 PM
why?

crank walk sucks.

but if its not, your crank might decide to take a little stroll.....out of your block.

lol i love how wrong most people are about DSMs not all 4g63s crank walk... the 7 bolts do which is pretty muc hevery 2nd gen and some of the later model 1st gens, like the late 93s and all 94 models , hell those are pieces of shit,

try to get one out of a 1990 talon or eclipse, those come with the 6 bolt bottom end, plus, you can re-program the stock ECU easier than the others.. oh and the 2nd gens non turbos have the chrysler 420A so that is the dodge neon motor, not the 4g63T

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+May 2 2004, 08:28 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2004, 07:44 PM
why?

crank walk sucks.

newsflash.

evo motors suffer from crankwalk as well.

id also like to say that this motor in another lightweight chassis (although it suits itself better in an actual mirage) yields awesome results.

dohch22a4

You'd be better off going GSR turbo. FYI.

try getting the same numbers with your GSR turbo - without spending thousands of dollars.

GOOD 90-91 4g63t out of a FWD TSi < $2000.
and more than likely another grand to get it in there. 2 outta 4 mounts line up, so its not so bad. you have to weld in a tranny mount. wiring isnt too bad as long as you use most of the eclipse harness under the hood.

Yeha, well, i never said anything about cost did I? Plus, im positive youll get better results from a B18C on 10 lbs with a properly sized turbo and good tuning than a 4G63 with the same 10lbs. Oh yeah, and Mistubishi is gay, cant forget that either :p

Back