new, have a couple questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo_civic

I'm new and have a few questions. I have a civic witha b18b swap and am now doing a turbo setup. I'm doing it by myself. I have some knowledge but I'm not an expert. Anyway here I go.

1.Where does the wastegate dump tube route to?
2.What size wastegate would be suffiecient for 250 hp
3.What should I do about the map sensor?

1. dump tube can be vented to the atmosphere or snaked back into the exahust just before the cat.
the way you do it depends on local emissions laws, or how street leal you want to be.

2. tial 38mm

3. you should leave it connected. lol i'm not sure what you're getting at here- but perhaps you're regarding fuel management.

if you're poor/cheap, look into uberdata
if you got a little more money, look into hondata

score some 440-450cc injectors, a fuel pump, and some dyno time to tune

if you go with a smaller turbo, you will need more boost to make your goal- and if its over 10 psi, you're going to need a GM 3-bar map sensor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2004, 12:29 AM
1. dump tube can be vented to the atmosphere or snaked back into the exahust just before the cat.
the way you do it depends on local emissions laws, or how street leal you want to be.

2. tial 38mm

3. you should leave it connected. lol i'm not sure what you're getting at here- but perhaps you're regarding fuel management.

if you're poor/cheap, look into uberdata
if you got a little more money, look into hondata

score some 440-450cc injectors, a fuel pump, and some dyno time to tune

if you go with a smaller turbo, you will need more boost to make your goal- and if its over 10 psi, you're going to need a GM 3-bar map sensor.
[post=436201]Quoted post[/post]​

That's exactly what I was talking about it, I'm going to use a t3 42/48 turbo at about 8-9 psi. I got a cast log style manifold couple other parts too. How would I get a chip burned or whatever for the air/fuel maps through uberdata? I don't know shit about ecu's so that's gonna be my hardest part, I have no idea what to do with that. Couldn't I use an FMU thing, or is that really not sufficient.

fmu's suck donkey balls. i would never recommend them. never.

pgmfi.org and ecumulti.rog i think it is are two good site to learn about uberdata.

Back