new here and wondering about preludes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99PewterTA

I was wondering what kind of a daily driver would a prelude make, and how much leg room is there inside? thanks for any help.

not sure, i was thinking the latest or the one prior (square headlights or tall tailights) i dont know a lot about them ;)

I dont know what you really want to hear or what your asking for. caranddriver.com and motortrend.com are good places for driving impressions and google.com can answer about any question you have.

Well, from my experience, the 92-96 Ludes are good cars. Some people don't like the styling, and they are considered "heavy" by some, but I know people that swear by them. Decently comfortable car to ride in as long as you're not in the back seat. The newer (87-01?) ones, IMO, are quite a bit better for off-the-shelf performance, but are very expensive. A lot of times you can buy a '93 or '94 and swap in a newer motor for less than buying a newer one.

try edmunds.com for stuff like this. they've got allt he dimenions, and so forth.

a freind of mine has one, the newest gen. the amount of legroom in front (both pass and driver) is pretty good. you can move the seat back alot and the seats are pretty comfy. the inside sort of resembles an accord...(of that year)

That and with skunk2 stage 1 cams, and an aem intake... they are almost as fast as a type-r integra

92-01?

there are 2 different Generations in those years...

92-96
95precar.gif

CARM%200018-7.95-SDL-3%20.jpg

97-01
prelude97b_th.jpg

1638prelude.jpg

Here's a link for Prelude Pictures... Im not sure on the room and whatnot of the interior, but I absolutely love the last gen Preludes 97-01 (5th gen, I believe.)

Good luck.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 20 2004, 09:29 AM
But 4 Wheel Steering is nice, as the 92-96's have
[post=405174]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, the 92-94 Preludes had 4WS, 95-96 did not. Also, the 4WS Ludes only came with the H23A1 engine, they were never VTEC (unless swapped).

Nope. That head swap is too much of a pain in the ass. Check out the Prelude/Accord forum and the Engine Building forum for more info on why you shouldn't attempt that head swap unless you've got oodles of cash to spend.

wow guys thanks for the info i definitly think i am going to go with the, 92-96 i like the looks of it a little more, and now i need to find out if i can fit in one :lol:

ONe of the drawbacks that I read was actually getting in and out, if you're a big person. There is room in the car, it's just hard I guess to get in or out. I wouldn't know I'm like 5'3 :)

Back