new here... have abig problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4gcivicY8

yo i'm new here . anyway i need help i have a d16y8 in my car now and i need help wiring it up . heres some problems . i have a dpfi to mpfi wiring harness from hasport heres my questions . on the harness there a connector that connets to a coolet senors in the back of the block . but i can't find it on the Y8. next the distributor has a bigger connector then on the harness should i try to wire it or buy a a6 distributor. and i think thats it for right now thanks. if you guys have any links to any sites that have done this swap befor that would be cool to thanks

:wtf: :wtf: I'm lost could you try and explain with a little more detail, cause if you are doing the DPFI to MPFI you to buy a distributor for a SI or atleast I did the DX or LX one won't work with that set up. I hope or think that's what you're asking. :huh:

simple solution: get a D16A6 distributor and PM6 ECU
harder solution: convert to OBD1 + get P28 ECU.

sorry for all the confusions. 1. the distibutor was an si the hasport wiring harness is for a dpfi to mpfi on the dx and it still retains the 1.5l dis. 2. i was talkin about the 2 prong oil sending unit in the back of the block on stds and dx's. the y8 has no unit thats two prong on the back of the block . there is however a bolt where it looks like one should be. should i 1. take the bolt out and put the 1.5 unit in or find out where to wire it. again sorry for the confusion . thanks

i have some si a6 stuff sitting in my garage since i never did the dpfi conversion and now going b series,
keep checking everywhere under the intake manifold and everything for what your looking for, it may be hard

well i donno about teh distrubutor . but the coolent temp unit was rewired to the ya coolent sensor i no i'm an idoit i should have known

new problem i need a y8 and a d15 vacuum diagram if anyone knows where i can find there it would be real cool

Back