New here - honda civic sedan...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Landon

alright hey guys, I'm new here, I've been trying to find out info on engine swapping for my 88 Civic Sedan DX, and I came along this website. If there's any tips on helping me out from anyone it would be much appreciated.:D

Just check any information for swapping into any 88-91 Civic. The engine bays are all the same. Since you have an 88 sedan, you'll have a D15B2 engine from the factory- so pretty much any engine you swap in will require an MPFI conversion.

Welcome to the site!

I read the enging swapping articles, and I think I want to go with a B16A if it is all possible. I would just need to get the money and all the parts X_x lol

Good decision, very cost effective beause it's easy to find B16a's CHEAP! hah

Welcome to the site, hope we can help you out.

Word, I drive a 90 CRX with a b16. Its definitely a good motor. You might want to look into an LS swap too, they're cheaper and the .2L extra might make you a little faster from the get-go even if it does have less peak horse power. My b16 swap ended up ~$3000. An LS swap could be done as cheaply as $1500.

oh, and welcome :wave:

Alright, one question about the transmission, would it be easier to just get an automatic -> manual conversion or try and find an automatic tranny that could possibly go with it? X_x

Back