NEW HERE!!-need help with tuning!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loops

Doing a B16A into a 1990 Civic Si. The B16 is a OBD 0 sir 1. It has had the following changes:

Block has been bored .010"
CP pistons (10.5-1 comp)
Eagle rods
Head and block have been decked, comp should be around 11.0-1
Mild port job on head,
5 angle valve grind
Brian crower stage 2 cams, valve springs and retainers.
Adjustable cam gears
Cold air intake
2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with Magnaflow.

Thanks for hanging in there so far, here is my question;

What tuning will I need to do with this set up? I have a Walbro 255 pump, will just increasing fuel pressure be enough? Do I need a standalone EFI system (hondata) or a VAFC? I have a wideband a/f sensor so i'll be able to see if its running lean. I haven't run the car yet, I wanted some help with the tuning before I start it up. Its a mild setup, I hope I can get away with just a fuel pressure increase but ANY help would be appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

I really appreciate the input guys, thank you. What I really want to know is if with the setup that I have can I get away with just raising the fuel pressure or do I have to buy the Hondata system. I don't have a problem spending the money, but, do I really need to. I figured my setup was pretty mild and my local speed shop said all I would need was a better fuel pump (i don't have alot of faith in my local speed shop). I really don;t want to dammage the engine by running it lean. How far do i need to go with this setup? thx.

like eg said you could use crome its perty much free. and that 255 fuel pump should be fine

Back