New here, need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jpm989

Been searching around looking at different topics, trying to find any answers to my dillema.

1990 CRX Si. OB0 PR4 ECU non chipped stock, LS B18a1 swap.

Been running good now for 3 months, no starting/running issues besides a slight hesistation when cold. Just did a narrow style header on it a week ago, no issues after completion. Yesterday on the way home from work, downshifted, car backfires and has no power...will not restart. Long story short swapped a different distributor on that puts the car into limp mode(reason why I changed it out) to get it home.

Found out the rotor screw came out and was just spinning..sweet easy fix. Put new rotor and cap on the dizzy, now car idles very low 300 rpms maybe...dumping gas, backfiring. Got a new distributor no change. Plugs were fouled from gas, cleaned them, no change.

Car has had a code 14 for IACV since I got it, just idled low. Now throwing codes 1-o2, 5-map, 43-fuel supply, in addition to 14. Checked 02 sensor, no problems found, disconnected plug, no change.

Disconnect MAP sensor, idle jumps to 800 rpms but is still burning to much gas and backfiring.

Also when I do put the bad dizzy on that puts it into limp mode, car runs fine with no hesitation, just wont rev over 3500 rpms..I'm stumped

I need some ideas here before I keep throwing parts at it..would appreciate any help.

Thanks guys

first thing I would do is pull the 7.5A fuse in the box on your right strut mount for i think it's ten - thirty seconds then replace. Then crank it over. Then recheck for codes. It might take a couple of seconds for it to re-register them in the comp. If you don't have it pm me and I'll give you the helms manual for the 90-93 integra.

Back