New Here! Need opinionz!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey Hondaswap, new to the site, and need sum opinions......

I have a 93 bubble w/ LS swap, crower cams, GSR engine harness(planing on goin ls/v or straight GSR, i can't make up my mind, and believe it or not, the GSR harness gave the car a lil umpf!!), coilovers, strut bars, full GSR dash,console, and interior, EVO9 shiftknob,and AEM intake.....

Here's the ?-

1- I don't kno whether to go ls/v or straight gsr, i've heard ls/v can be very strong IF built right, and is cheaper, but they can give problems. ONthe other hand, GSR is already very strong and quick, but stock, it has like 11:1 compression,and i want to go boost, 11:1 is too high for decent boost. What should i do??

my gs-r was stock and it can take 10 PSI all day if it is tuned right... but dont go above 10.. the ls/v is a good combo but you cant turn it up in the rpms... but you can boost both

wut u mean by "turn it up in the rpms"?? my boy got a all-motor ls/v DA and runs mid 12's, now if i did the same setup, but with low compression pistions and boosted it, that shit would be a beast........but still i kno i could boost both, but which would i get more power out of???

the reason most people dont go high rpm ls/v is because the ls/v doesnt have the oil squirters, and without that youre more prone to melting pistons.

If you are set on boost, id personally go the ls/v route with new sleeves. LS blocks are everywhere and you can usually get either a b16 or gsr head pretty cheap. If you get the GSR, keep the cams because they are actually decent cams for boost. After that its just a matter of about 5k to get the turbo kit put together, get the bottom end done and tune the car.

thanx for the info guy, i think i wanna go with the b16 head cuz they're more "rev happy" then the GSR head. as for the 5k u say to get the kit together, it ain't gunna cast me that much, so far i got a IC, piping, and a manifold. besides the turbo itself, i got the more expencive things already.

I'm personally debating between lsv turbo or all motor poor mans r set up.If your sole intention is to boost,I say go with the lsv because you already have the ls block.Not all lsvtecs are trouble if its done right I know people that have had it for years with no problems and I know one person who is always losing oil so it all depends on who does it and how well they do it.My personal advice is to do a little research about the set up and find the pro's and con's and see what parts would work well for you.Good luck on your decsion,I know its a hard one.

Back