1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new here..quick question

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by DOCHNESS, Aug 23, 2009.

1. DOCHNESS

DOCHNESS New Member

i have a 91 dx hatch with a b18a1 going in it. im using the b18 harness instead of using the good ol d15, chop and retape method. anyways im just asking which wires i need to un pin from the harness an rewire to the ecu. also which ecu is most recomended with this swap?? thx in advance.

2. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

i dont understand why you wouldn't use the stock harness, you just made this a lot harder on yourself. that being said, i can't help ya with the wiring since you're doing it the bass-ackwards way, but i can tell you the ecu you need is an obd0 pr4.

3. DOCHNESS

DOCHNESS New Member

well i bought the car as a shell. no engine, no harness. so i picked up a b18a complete swap and it came with the integra engine harness so i figured i would use it. but what makes this way soo much harder?

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

a stock harness would plug right in..

5. DOCHNESS

DOCHNESS New Member

..yea..but wouldnt i still have to chop it up and wire it from dpfi to mpfi?

6. runner253

runner253 New Member

not chop it cut like three wires and split them si wire right up to b18 non v

7. DOCHNESS

DOCHNESS New Member

iight. well my question is what will i have to do to the b18 harness to make it work

8. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

i honestly am not sure, i dont know of anyone ever doing it that way. i imagine the problem lies in that many of the wires in the integra harness once plugged into the civic cabin harness will not go to the right spots at the ecu. and of course you will still somehow have to locate the wires in the teg harness near harness plugs and then try and convert to mpfi. basically i'm betting it would be a wiring nightmare to try and make it work.

9. DOCHNESS

DOCHNESS New Member

looks like ima end up buying a stock harness then....thx for all the info

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted