New here, socially awkward introduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man, i'm getting hated on when i'm not even on to defend myself :/

welcome to the site. everyone here sucks, especially the owner.

Man, i'm getting hated on when i'm not even on to defend myself :/

welcome to the site. everyone here sucks, especially the owner.

Lol wow, i dont see this much interest in a thread besides dickskate's!
Welcome ms. Lady ma'am, and good luck!!!

oh man.....

woman....

lol. welcome.
good luck. if you are a regular member of other forums, you should know the drill with leg humpers.
hopefully its not too bad here. we're mostly a bunch of old people.

enjoy your stay.

oh man.....

woman....

lol. welcome.
good luck. if you are a regular member of other forums, you should know the drill with leg humpers.
hopefully its not too bad here. we're mostly a bunch of old people.

enjoy your stay.

HEY!!! Yea... We're considered old in the honda world....

I'm getting a good deal on the k24, I'm getting it for $600 (I've only been able to find them around here for $1k+).

That's not a bad price. Especially if it's local.

Expensive parts are usually in the conversion harness, mounts, engine management (K-Pro or AEM), and a header (but there are replicas that are decent). These parts new can add up to $3k real easy. Patience and luck can save you big cash with used parts (40-70% cheaper). Just be careful with used parts.

Transmissions....I would go with a K20A2 (4.3 FD no LSD) or a K20Z1 (4.7 FD no LSD) or a K20Z3 (4.7FD LSD but needs mods for swap), or a K20A (Type R 4.7 FD LSD no mods needed for swap). Sadly....these trans in good running shape are $700-1200. And the trans is the weak link in the K-Series world (2nd gear is the worst).

Radiator can be relocated with a little welding (or buy the kit). You can make your own fuel lines and save cash. Cutting your exhaust tunnel for a OEM shift box is much cheaper than a bolt in shifter (although it's harder to put the car back to original this way)

Keeping AC can get pricey too. But if you have a local hook up.....the lines can be made and cash can be saved. I don't have AC or PS....or heat (b/c of my short JDM engine harness).

welcome... enjoy your stay.. we need a female around here so dont let these guys run you off

need to roll those fenders a little.. gonna take out a chunk of tire

Oh, and since you didn't post your city... watch out for speed shops around where you are- most in your greater metro area aren't all that cheap/honorable.

need to roll those fenders a little.. gonna take out a chunk of tire

I already shaved my tire on one side, adjusting my suspension is a b*tch because my lower control arms on my rear disc brake conversion don't fit quite right in my subframe so I adjusted the drivers side then spent 2hrs trying to get it back in and ended up just bruising my arms up badly (people thought I was being abused I told them I got in a fight with my car.) it ended up taking my two best guy friends another 2hrs to finally get it back in. I can't drop the LCA at the trailing arm because the previous owner used an impact to put that bolt on (no idea why) and when I try and use a breaker bar the bushing just twists not the bolt.

I'm am hoping to get my fenders done for free but we'll see how it goes. Once they're rolled I plan on dropping another inch, the car is going to be focused on form until I have the money and parts to drop the K in and I feel like the car can handle it.

Smart move. Power is nothing without control.

I noticed she was from Texas because of the license plate.

Oh, and since you didn't post your city... watch out for speed shops around where you are- most in your greater metro area aren't all that cheap/honorable.

Oh yea, I am from Austin Texas, there are not a ton of speed shops in this area. Mostly "customs" shops that are like... "Well we dont have that exhaust you wanted but we do have the lambo door kit for your car" smh

I can't drop the LCA at the trailing arm because the previous owner used an impact to put that bolt on (no idea why) and when I try and use a breaker bar the bushing just twists not the bolt.
sounds like the bolt is seized in the bushing, pretty common honda problem.
i wouldn't blame it on an impact

Welcome to the board!

Don't let these knuckleheads scare you off. I was expecting the leg humping but from intro to surprise butt sex in 58 posts. Stay classy, Hondaswap. ;)

Last edited:
Back