New here, Sup all I have a ????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecsi

Sup everyone,

New to the forum. I have a 00 SI with a built LSVTEC in it. The question I have is
The motor is OBD1 in a Obd2b car. My tach wasent working. After I converted my obd1 Dizzy & alternator to Obd2b on a 00 SI harness. With the blue wire with no home. I ran it to the driver side firewall where this little 2 wire plug sits, just to get an idea ima attatching a pic of my motor where the tach now works
SI0222.jpg

now with it ran like that, am i by passing the ECU? to tell the Dosent the ECU send a signal to enguage vtec at 5500?? Its not engaging and I cant figure out why. Ive tried pretty much everything. Its either this or the oilpump. Should I run it to the ECU instead? Running the wire there will stop the ECU from sending the signal to open the butterfly? Im on a obd1 jumper and a virgin P28. Other than the Vtec not enguaging its runs great. And im also getting 6 Coolant temperature sensor or circuit........... but no vtec codes at all. Comon fellas what you guys think?

Back