New Home page style

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"I don't like it" doesn't really give me much to go on.

what do you want to see?

wtf is quattro?

bahahhahaa
why did i see that coming...
corel quattro = ghetto excel... same shit as excel but made by corel...
MS word = Corel WordPerfect
MS Excel = Corel Quattro
etc etc

Actually, every time I hit the site...
yea, i used to look at the home page a lot too...

suggestions
the home page should have recent discussions at the top in plain view without scrolling...
and if not at top then it could at least be above all celeritys blog entries...

note, members lounge threads are appearing on the home page, they did not do this before...
i like it like that but just wanted to make you aware...
the old style of showing just the thread title under the recent discussions seemed to be a little less cluttered...

the quote feature is fubared compared to how it was...
i used to click quote, ctrl v, and then quote again...
now if you try to do that it fucks it all up...

now you have to ctrl v, then highlight your pasted material, then click the quote deal...
i lost so many posts with the new quote thing...

cliffs: latest discussion top left with just titles
latest blog on the bottom somewhere
calendar can be deleted or moved to the bottom
navigation and online members can be on the top right, and the center column with the site update threads or posts could be a little skinnier...
i think the site update posts should prob not be on the homepage, looks cheesy-ish...
it was nice having an informative write up on the front page, looked professional and research worthy kinda thing...

it doesnt look like a home page
it looks just like the rest of the forum pages (although more cluttered)
the old page at least looked like a home page
update that if anything
this new design sucks
might as well just make the forums the main entrance page and do away with the home page all together if you are gunna have it like that

now you have to ctrl v, then highlight your pasted material, then click the quote deal...
i lost so many posts with the new quote thing...

it puts the cursor after the open and close quotes. you need to re-center the mouse inbetween the tags., then paste... or just type quote :p

t doesnt look like a home page

define what a home page "should" look like.

it looks just like the rest of the forum pages
yes, its running off the same thing. Isn't continuetiy a good thing?

the old page at least looked like a home page
i guess... but its highly out dated and a lot of stuff didn't even work on it anymore...

this new design sucks

ummm it really isn't "new"....

might as well just make the forums the main entrance page and do away with the home page all together if you are gunna have it like that

that's always an option... but i don't think we'll be moving to that just yet.

I have a couple components i'm looking to add shortly...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Actually, every time I hit the site...

+1

+2

On the old homepage, you could log directly into your email (without having to click 'email' at the top of the page), and you could see the active topics. Now, you just see a message that says 'we've moved to a portal-type homepage' or somethin...and it's all cluttered and stuff.

The new homepage sucks.

I know that this will probably all be changing soon, but wow, the site looks like complete garbage now. I am a web desinger for a living and if I made something like this I would loose my job, no offense. It just looks so scattered and unorganized I dont even know where to begin. I really miss the latest post section on the homepage. Im sure that many will agree.

alright, i got a new version almost done today. i found someone who made a pretty cool portal, and i've been tweaking it most the after noon. i should have it ready for tomorrow or so :p

and yes, your email box is back :p

:werd: I like the older version better.. but lets see what it looks like when its all done

hey B, i think some of us do actually like the idea of a facelift for the homepage, but that one honestly wasn't very good looking. Are you able to work on one before actually applying the changes to the site?. maybe come up with a couple layouts and make a poll? i dunno, i know it takes a lot fo work to do that shit, and i have no knowledge of that stuff, so maybe i have no room talking. jsut tryin to throw out an idea

btw, where the hell is the quick edit? oh and thanks for the return to the old homepage for now

i just gotta come up with somethign better to make all of you picky bastards happy :p

this whole site is due for a face lift...

Quoted post[/post]]
hey B, i think some of us do actually like the idea of a facelift for the homepage, but that one honestly wasn't very good looking. Are you able to work on one before actually applying the changes to the site?. maybe come up with a couple layouts and make a poll? i dunno, i know it takes a lot fo work to do that shit, and i have no knowledge of that stuff, so maybe i have no room talking. jsut tryin to throw out an idea

+1

I like the old version, it was easier to navigate to the forums from the main page.

Back