New Job-EDS through Kelly Services

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aleaf.CRX

Hey, let me know if anyone's worked for EDS or gone through Kelly Services for a job. I've heard they take a chunk of your paycheck out through Kelly. And all I know is EDS is a call center. Any ideas? I start today at 3:00-11:30 pm.

I don't know whether Kelly Services actually takes a chunk of your paycheck (to my knowledge they don't) but EDS will pay them for the referral, usually they have a contract for payment depending on how long you stay. That's how they make money.

As far as the actual job goes, have fun. I did call center stuff once for about a month and hated it, but that's just me...

I was a telemarketer for a week and then worked for Opinion Research Northwest for like 3-4 months. Boring as fuck but decent money for the job I guess.....

I do payroll in a call center... your stress level and pay will be directly proportional to whether or not it's an outsourced call center or a corporate one. From what you're saying, it is an outsourced. Have fun with that shit.

Usually "employment service" companies will pay your wage, then charge their client a markup which for a high volume client with fast turnover will be anywhere from 20-40%. For every dollar they want to pay you, the employment service will pay you a dollar and charge the client $1.40 or whatever.

Most businesses do this despite the high markup because they don't want to bother with hiring/firing, and carrying as many people on their comp policy. They also don't have to offer you benefits since you're not their employee.

I did payroll at an employment service before here.

My brother started with a temp agency. He now is a admin in heightened calls and does a lot of visual marketing for NOA. He easily grosses 50k.

As a lifelong consultant, they DO take the hourly cut. Thats why you're not to disclose what you make to anyone. They get the referral and the starter pay - as well as all penalties and fees from broken contracts. If you walk out, they are to have someone to replace you (Warm-body), and if not they are in breech of contract, and wind up owning the end client that money.

It's VERY similar to prostitute / pimp economics. I think I have something about it in my blog section here.

Probably not. I'm a temp for now for inbound calls. Which okay cuz of my super sexy phone voice ahaha, just kidding. But really, just phone jobs for now. They only have one HR there.

Back