New job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
I didn't want to jinks it earlier this week, but I got a job as a express tech at a Toyota dealership in ft Myers, fl. I did an interview about 2 weeks ago and their hair drug test and simply have been waiting on the results. I'm stupid excited about this considering I got the go ahead yesterday and will be starting within the next hour as of now. The service manager is really cool and down to earth, the people that I meet after my interview when they did a walk around with me seem like a decent bunch to work with. My pay is said to be 18/hr flat rated but I'll get the final details today. All I know is that I'm happy I'm finally starting to push my way towards the career I want and may of lucked out with a awesome place for my first time in a dealership. Something I'm not too used to, after I got the call from my service manager that I got the position, the general manager called me shortly after to welcome me aboard and he was really cool too.

Congrats, good luck. You need to change your saying to employed instead of under employed.

After 90 days I start build paid days off, and benefits are easily available after 6 months. This dealer is a autonation company. So far its pretty slack as far as the express line goes. I would add quotes and pretty this post up but my phone is all I have for now being my home internet is down right now. So later I'll change my title. Shitty part though is my drive time is 1 1/2 hr one way till I move closer. Rent is free with the inlaws, so that sure helps.

A long commute has it's plus and minuses....

it sucks when you have stuff to do as it eats half your day it feels like,

but its nice to get things listened to... books on tape, new cds, etc etc.

A long commute has it's plus and minuses....

it sucks when you have stuff to do as it eats half your day it feels like,

but its nice to get things listened to... books on tape, new cds, etc etc.

You know, its funny you should say that... My most recent two jobs (both within the 2012-13 years) have been in the city... All the rest of my previous employments have been pretty decent 30+ mile commutes... I miss the commute... Except when there was traffic, and the extra gas expense... And well, yea... The feeling that the day is cut waaay short by the commute time... But to get to "test" out any suspension or power adders, on ramp off ramps... I loved it!!! Now i work in the city... Ten minutes away from work... I could bike it if i wanted to... (I dont want to) my commute consists of pothole riddled, and traffic congested city streets...

As for my second day in, starting to get the groove, getting settled with the other techs. The way these guys do things is untill the 1st of the month I'm on straight pay of $8 per hr, then I get to start flagging RO's. I'm fine with that for the time being. I personally don't care for the long commutes, no a/c or heater, bumpy suspension (on the replacement list) fucking raccoons like to stand next to the road and stare at you and I've seen what they do to radiator supports. I literally passed one yesterday day sitting there scratching his balls, my only thought was, you better not run out in front of me.

6u8ytu3u.jpg

Funny you posted that today. Was just thinking of that scene today because my paycheck is light...

Today is a heavy paycheck day for me. 3 pay periods in the month ftw. No Health care/fsa taken out. :)

Story of my life E, I'd rep you if I had a better source to do so.

Really catching on now. I've gotten where I can be handed the RO's and get shit started and finished on my own, I let what ever tech double check though simply bc my number isn't on there so its not my ass. Which is fine bc I just helped the score some free tme. I'm anxious to start my regular pay on the 1st still. I quickly realized what tools will float me by and which ones will put a prop in the water.

Back