new jr member!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
My first son will be born any where in the next coue of hours to 12 hours. Ashley was induced ear lier around 4 pm. Ill post more news when it comes. Btw I got married last Saturday.

Congrats and good luck. My son is four so I know what it is to have a kid whileyour younger. Make sure you guys take time to be alone together and do what you can to help out.

I gotta admit, this thread is much more heartwarming than the last one I made about being a father.

Major congrats and listen to Drake... first hand experience calls for the best advice.

congrats and my condolences. lol.
say goodbye to sleep.
and sex
and probably oral too.

congrats and my condolences. lol.
say goodbye to sleep.
and sex
and probably oral too.

I said goodbye to those things a couple months ago.

Thanks for the congrats. I think my biggest worry is if he comes out as a window licker. I do plan to raise him right though. To be respectful and at the same time respected.

That sounds like a good plan, I know I wish someone would tell my sister in law that. She makes her kids call her Ma'am. I know that's how she was brought up but that doesn't instill a loving relationship between parent/child. It shows your kids that you're better than them period. Make sure they know that you love them, and that they're as important to you as you are to them.

Of course. I can't wait to pick up a father son project. Of course I'm still going to teach him how to solve his own problems. My dad had me out under the hood for three days once trying to figure out why it wouldn't run. The only thing he could tell me is check for fire or fuel and go from there.

Best of luck man! Your life as you know it will be changed forever:) Not in a bad way either

Congratulations. Enjoy. I would advise you to participate in the middle of the night feedings and diaper changes as much as possible. More than likely the noise will wake you up anyways.

And definitely don't let the kid sleep with you. Ever. Not only for safety but once they learn the habit it'll be impossible to break and next thing you know you'll have a 6 year old in bed with you. I stuck my son in a crib the first night home and we never had an issue.

And I'll add that I hope you got married for the right reasons, not just because she was knocked up.

Congratulations. Enjoy. I would advise you to participate in the middle of the night feedings and diaper changes as much as possible. More than likely the noise will wake you up anyways.

And definitely don't let the kid sleep with you. Ever. Not only for safety but once they learn the habit it'll be impossible to break and next thing you know you'll have a 6 year old in bed with you. I stuck my son in a crib the first night home and we never had an issue.

And I'll add that I hope you got married for the right reasons, not just because she was knocked up.

Spot on advice on all three counts. My son went into a cradle on day one then a crib when he was big enough. Cradle first simply because my dad made him an awesome one.

Also, you need to keep in mind its possible that your lady will need stitches after the little one is born. Some woman do just fine others need a boat load of stiches she may not be able to walk unassisted for a few days which may require you to take some time off work or have family or friends come over and help out.

And dont talk during the delivery. No one gives two shits about what the dad has to say. It "isnt okay", she is not "doing great" and she does not "look beautiful". If you hold a leg or whatever just hold her leg and shut up. If your just in the room find a corner and stand there like a lamp.

My friend has that problem with her three year old. He won't do ANYTHING with out her around. We decided when he's well ready well potty train sooner too. So for sure he has his own bed and room. For the first couple of months he'll sleep in the room with us but not the bed.
I try my best right now to just shutup and listen to what they say. Other than that I'm just here to comfort her. The doctors are more than likely going to do a c section. I alrfeady have a couple of days off from work plus her mother will be home to help if I have to go to work.

My friend has that problem with her three year old. He won't do ANYTHING with out her around. We decided when he's well ready well potty train sooner too. So for sure he has his own bed and room. For the first couple of months he'll sleep in the room with us but not the bed.
I try my best right now to just shutup and listen to what they say. Other than that I'm just here to comfort her. The doctors are more than likely going to do a c section. I alrfeady have a couple of days off from work plus her mother will be home to help if I have to go to work.

Congrats on the new little one! Hopefully things will go smoothly and your wife won't have to go through too much. These guys have posted some excellent advice!!! The next couple of months will be absolutely exhausting and will challenge your patience like you never imagined but try not to get frustrated and help out as much as you can. This is the most amazing time in your life and the best memories will come form it. You never get this time back so make the most of every minute while you can. My kids are 4 and 7 and I can't even believe that they ever used to be that small (or that quiet).

Yeah they do grow up fast. My son is 8 going on 18 and I swear I was just changing diapers. They are fun when they're little, but a TON of work and I'm glad I'm not having more.

Every time a friend or family member has a baby now all I think to myself is "no fucking way I would ever do that again".

Yeah they do grow up fast. My son is 8 going on 18 and I swear I was just changing diapers. They are fun when they're little, but a TON of work and I'm glad I'm not having more.

Every time a friend or family member has a baby now all I think to myself is "no fucking way I would ever do that again".

I feel the same way. I didn't plan on the 2nd one- though I would never trade her for anything in this world- she's my heart. Got that issue fixed while I was in the hospital after having her though. My friend just had a baby a couple of weeks ago and while I was in the room holding her someone says "don't you want another one?" :no2:
Now when we walk through the mall or whatever and we see a really pregnant chick my husband will look over at me and I say "glad it's her and not me".
Whew. LOL

Yeah my brother in law just had his first 2 weeks ago, and a good friend of mine and his wife are trying for their first at age 37. I told them they're crazy, but it's a 2nd marriage for both and zero kids between them so it's now or never I suppose.

I prefer to hold them for a few minutes and give them back to mom, dad, or grandparents when the important shit needs to get done. At least until I can pump them full of candy and pop. Paybacks are a bitch.

We had some practice though, a friend of ours just had a kid and around three months, they needed some to watch a couple of nights and that kid pressed my patience. But he prepared me though. We watched him off and on for another 3 - 4 months.

We had some practice though, a friend of ours just had a kid and around three months, they needed some to watch a couple of nights and that kid pressed my patience. But he prepared me though. We watched him off and on for another 3 - 4 months.

Yeah you'll do fine, just remember when they cry they either want:

A. Changed
B. Fed
C. Held

or some combination of the above.

From our friends kid, only times he cried is when he felt alone or he was asleep and woke up hungry as f*ck.

Back