New laptop...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

yea so i was back home for almost two weeks and ordered a laptop while up there. it got delivered monday but i just got home today to open it and check it out. its pretty nice and should do well for AutoCAD and stuff for school. it's a Dell Inspiron 6000, Pentium 1.7 Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, 100 GB HD, and of course all the bullshit programs dell puts on there. i've been on all night setting it up the way i want, but the one thing is i don't have an antivirus. it came with a trial offer to PC-cillin, but i wasn't sure about it.

i really need some advice on a good antivirus to buy that will actually work. I searched, thinking i could find the answer there, but most of the threads were from 2004-2005, so i wanted a more recent opinion.

thanks

i used trend micro... hasnt letme down yet. But when i receivecd my laptop from dell it was already using 35 gb of space. So i just recently reformatted it and know i am at 11gb used :)

i've never used an anti-virus. and i've never gotten a virus.

... on my computer anyways :ph34r: .

just gotta be careful what you click on.

Back