1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Life Has Been Obtained For The Civic

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by smooth_criminal, Oct 18, 2005.

1. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

Well as many of you know a few weeks ago i decided to strip the civic and sell it all.
    Well after taking the Evo, STI and yes the srt-4 acr for a test drive i have decided that NON of them are worth the money.
    Way should i spend 24 to 35k on a car that still isn't going to be 100% what i want it to be?
    So what i plan on doing is this, Over the next 5 months i will be ordering all new internals for my motor.
    The motor will be taken out of the civic and dropped off at Evans-tuning in Pa. For a full rebuild.
    And then planted back in the civic my april / may.
    Now this is were i need your help.
    What rods / pistons / cams / springs and valves should i go with.
    Should i bore it out any?
    Remember that the motor i am working on here is a 99 b18b1.
    I would like to be able to rev to 8k safely all day because i could use the extra spool time while under boost.
    Please give me your insight on internals, Also if anyone knews any other builders in the NJ,NY,PA area please let me know as i'm not 100% set on having evans do the work.
    I'm looking for 250 -300 WHP, thats solid and i don't have to worry about blowing it again.

Today is a great day for the civic, Thanks for your input.

Mike

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

not sure where you;re from but there is a guy in rosendale NY that does wonders

he's mostly a V8 guy but he can build any motor, has done a couple highly boosted civics...

3. formby

formby learning in progress

how much do you have to spend....eagle rods and wiseco piston on a stock bore ls will get you 250-300 with a t3 super 60....

4. smooth_criminal

smooth_criminal Senior Member

I'll be spending like 4-5 k on the new rebuild, I already have the turbo i'm using, Td05h-18G. It will get me to 300 i believe. I was looking into CP pistons.

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

For that power goal, stay with the stock bore size. New pistons and rods are good insurance. If you tune well, there's no reason to go to an aftermarket sleeve either. That turbo will probably get you where you want with a fast spool time and large power band too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted