new loajck product coming soon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
looks like its going to be called LoJack Locate. Looks pretty nifty.
Kinda like on-star and lojack merged, but better.

text/email/phone calls for unauthorized movement, built in gps so not only will it be radio signal but now also gps enabled, unauthrozed movement... but it also has a safety zone.. ie, you're garage, driveway, etc... without having to disable it, excess speed monitor-- great for parents or if you loan your car off- you can tigger a page to your cell if your car goes over X mph, remote door unlocks, and so forth, plus the lojack coverage for theft. looks like its going to sell for about a G... i don't have any more details at this time... and their website is non-function for this product as of yet.

Parrents are going to get a page that their kid is doing 150mph in their bmw.. Then the mom will fall over and die and the dad will murder the kid when he gets home.

This can only be a bad thing.

not only that, but say your local valet wants to take your ride out for a joy ride.... now you got proof.

Next they will mail you tickets. They did it with KA band, they'll do it with this, and they'll do it with OnStar.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2005, 04:16 PM
find a registered dealer in your area. lojack.com
[post=557255]Quoted post[/post]​

Gonna sing him a jingle next? lol...

officials made plans to move refugees from Hurricane Katrina who had been housed in the Houston area to Arkansas.

So, is god mad at these people?? If a fucking hurricane hits arkansas, I'm putting as much distance between me and those people as possible.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 20 2005, 02:29 PM
officials made plans to move refugees from Hurricane Katrina who had been housed in the Houston area to Arkansas.

So, is god mad at these people?? If a fucking hurricane hits arkansas, I'm putting as much distance between me and those people as possible.
[post=557263]Quoted post[/post]​

This thread's about LoJack..?

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 20 2005, 04:04 PM
Next they will mail you tickets. They did it with KA band, they'll do it with this, and they'll do it with OnStar.
[post=557238]Quoted post[/post]​

I can totally see a government mandated OEM install:

"Introducing OBDIV . . . it tracks your driving habits and notify's the registry in case of infringment."

Well, ODBIII actually does that - Says so on the box. It's what they choose to do with this data that worries me.

I'm buying only carbbed cars from now on.

fuck that, next thing y uknow they have a satellite pin pointed on you in your car while you are smoking a joint and theyll call authorities and get you arrested.

Originally posted by formby@Sep 20 2005, 04:31 PM
lo jack is not that expensive
$695 and they install it at my house
[post=557266]Quoted post[/post]​

B is talking about the new system. the old one is in the 500-600 range.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 20 2005, 07:35 PM
they have lojack for notebooks now. starting to hear more and more about notebook thefts.
[post=557337]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not really lojack.... lokack sold their name to a 3rd party for that one. look at the website... it even has the other store's brand name on it

Back