New 'lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just bought a 93 prelude with an apex 1 cat back exhuast and a cheap ass short ram intake, with some 16's on it they look cheap also... but it is a dohc vtec... I'm assuming it is an H22A....? Not sure I'm new at the h series/prelude stuff. I was just wondering the 1/4 mile times of basically stock preludes. Thanks guy just wanting to know about how fast I should expect this car... sorry to ask this question I know it is a pain in the ass... but it is a basically stock car so anybody have times for a stock prelude?

Yeah, but I'm anal, so it's actually an H22A1 you have in there. :) 190 horses, 158 ft-lbs of torque.

Not really sure on stock 1/4 mile times.

Ok, thanks guys.... what are some mods that would really open this engine up? I plan on rebuilding it really soon... followed by a header and a high flow cat... what direction should I go after that?

need to be a lil' more specific than that. How deep you plan on getting into this? Street, strip, track? How much $$$ you willing to spend?

Btw, I heard they run low 15's in stock form.

I have a 95 h22 lude, cheap short ram, cheap universal muffler, stock 15in wheels with cheap tires and centerforce dual friction clutch(only mod i have done since getting the car is the clutch) ran 14.9 @ 94, 15.1 @ 91 and 15.3 @ 92. I cant really complain.

thats average with such a heavy lude. I recently purchased 92, and vtec wasnt introduced to the ludes until 93 (atleast in the U>S) so i'm stuck with the h23. pulls like a sunobitch, but lacks the goodstuff. the lude is a heavy car, and its quite difficult to get real low times without the assistance of forced induction.

well one thing you guys over looked is that its a '93, i'm pretty sure the first year for the h22's is '94. so there for you have an h23, if not a f23

Nope nope nope.

1992 was the first year for the 4th-gen Preludes.

1993 was the first year for the 4th-gen VTEC Ludes. (H22A1)

The F22A1, not F23, was available in 4th-gen Ludes. Pretty worthless "performance" engine.

The F23A1 came in 98-02 Accords.

Whats up, long time gone but I'm back to the boards, (decided not to sell my car. Figured I'd miss her to much.) Whats all this mumbo jumbo about low 15's. I have a '93 VTEC (H22A) that ran 2 consecutive 14.92's at of 3 runs (don't ask how it slipped out of 3rd on my first run of the night.)!!! All Stock at Sac Raceway, not to mention it was about 90 degrees when she did it. And 93 is the first year they put the VTEC (H22A1) in the Ludes.

could be that fact that you have a jdn h22 that pushes a little bit more power then the usdm?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did that before I dropped in the H22A (JDM). I had an H22A1 (USDM) when I made the pass. As a matter of fact, I don't think the car is any faster, maybe even slower do to the fact that I dropped in an S (not type S) tranny. The only pass I made with the current setup was a 15 flat, the track was moist cuz it started sprinkling and they closed the track after my first run.

Back