New Master/Slave Clutch Cylinders, STILL not shifting.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i maybe wrong or have this backwards so dont bash me too hard lol .. but wouldnt tht be the pilot bearing squeaking unless the clutch is pressed? jus curious bro..

Mine is the throw out bearing (based on symptoms). I can touch the fork with my hand and make the noise go away (b/c the bearing needs pressure on it or it makes noise spinning freely)

His situation is different then mine so I am not sure if its the problem but if he's are getting a new clutch...OEM throw out bearing is a good decision in any event.

OP: You might look into a main bearing and seals too (but research or use Helm's for install)

Last edited:
Mine is the throw out bearing (based on symptoms). I can touch the fork with my hand and make the noise go away (b/c the bearing needs pressure on it or it makes noise spinning freely)

Your situation is different then mine so I am not sure if its the problem but if you are getting a new clutch...OEM throw out bearing is a good decision in any event. You might look into a main bearing and seals too (but research or use Helm's for install)

yup u got it bro lol definatly throw out bearing lol ... peace.

It was doing the squeaky sound BEFORE I swapped my tranny, so it's probably just the bearing and not my new tranny :p

Ok, To go back to ebay find, I'm not one to bash on cheap ebay stuff, but seriously. You will get what you pay for, if you buy cheap parts, then you will get cheap parts that may or may not work out for you. I bought a cheap clutch a long time ago from ebay for a 88 crx si that I had. I didnt feel a difference in it. Then years later, I had the money for a good clutch and bought a street clutch from ACT. Loved it, felt the difference. The only other one that I had suggested to me was comp clutchs. Just as good quality with a little less price tacked to it.

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 92-95 Civic
do some research to find a better price, but its an example.

Ok, To go back to ebay find, I'm not one to bash on cheap ebay stuff, but seriously. You will get what you pay for, if you buy cheap parts, then you will get cheap parts that may or may not work out for you. I bought a cheap clutch a long time ago from ebay for a 88 crx si that I had. I didnt feel a difference in it. Then years later, I had the money for a good clutch and bought a street clutch from ACT. Loved it, felt the difference. The only other one that I had suggested to me was comp clutchs. Just as good quality with a little less price tacked to it.

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 92-95 Civic
do some research to find a better price, but its an example.

true that some ebay stuff is shitty my new so called super bright blue headlights just came in and i installed them and they fn suck.. my old light was ten times brighter... lol .. oh well just 8 bucks (got what i paid for) lol

Guess what people?

Yesterday I went for a ride after I adjusted the pedal, this morning just as I was going to work, CAN'T shift... What the hell?!

is there any slack in the pedal before it gets firm? or is the pedal super tight? cause if there isnt any slack, then your pedal is adjusted in too much. are you using a ebay short shifter?

Or you have a leak in the hose some where. Is it possible that you maybe nicked the clutch line when you pulled the transmission? follow your clutch line and make sure there's no leaks or anything.

Im not using an ebay short shift, the line seems fine I checked that out already. Yes it was really tight, I'll try to slack it a little. I didn't want any free play because it wouldn't engage the pressure plate so I gave it no freeplay at all.

Are you losing hydraulic fluid? Clutch Line check all you want but its a waste unless you actually see fluid disappearing. That bolt on the adj shaft may have come loose? Maybe it didn't tighten enough after you adjusted it?

Alright, I've tried almost all setup with my pedal, farthest away from the master, with the longest push and almost no free-play and it still won't shift.

Now, if I start the car in gear, it stalls, just like I am not pressing the clutch pedal, I'm starting to believe my pressure plate went bad...

It looks just like yesterday, I marked the fluid level on the reservoir, if it goes lower, I'll see it now. But well, I'm getting the idea something else is wrong that my hydrolic system

Seems really odd that it was fixed and then went bad. How old is the clutch kit in it now? New?

It's about a year old, not new, but the clutch is fine, it grips like a mofo, but I'm getting scared for the pressure plate :confused:

I really doubt its the pressure plate...they last longer then the disc will. If I was you, I would get ready to take it apart again and put a OEM throw out bearing and maybe a clutch kit. Lots of companies but I suggest Excedy

is your clutch fork moving when you press your clutch? you may need a buddy to help you with this

Back