New Master/Slave Clutch Cylinders, STILL not shifting.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes its moving, Alot more than before my master/slave cylinder change, but its still not disengaging my clutch.

sounds like you didnt get the clutch installed correctly.
going to need to pull the trans off again and make sure everything is correct.

and buy a new clutch kit, all this could have probably been avoided by getting new parts instead of reusing old ones.

now and obvious question: is the shift linkage all installed correctly?
all this hubub about the clutch system, but if the shift linkage isnt buttoned up correctly, then you wont be gettting into any gears. my last integra had an odd problem of the stabilizer bar coming undone on the trans side. absolute pain in the ass.

also, theres no need to start a new thread about the same issue every couple of days, keep everything in one thread, helps you out because people just browsing through can see all of your issues in one thread instead of only getting part of them.

Yeah just waiting until its kinda sunny outside, bad weather all week long, didn't want to drop the tranny and have to deal with rain lol.

Sorry about the multiple threads!

Hmm well, if my shift linkage was installed impropely, wouldn't that keep me from shifting altogether? (Car running and car not running.)

Any tricks as to how to make sure my linkage is ok?

As for the clutch/pp installation, it was working ''correctly'' before I pulled the tranny, just the day before I was about to pull it out, right before moving the car to my work area, I couldn't shift, but then it went back to normal.

I've never had those kind of troubles with a tranny before, it starts to make no-sense whatsoever.

I hope my new clutch kit fix it, otherwise well, I'm screwed.

yeah, if it was doing it before you pulled it out, im going to say you have a bad clutch.
its pretty hard to mess up the linkage though, but i know from experience that if the bushings arent all in good shape and everything isnt tight, you will have issues shifting.

I have a spare linkage that came with my replacement transmission, I'll see if I can swap the bushings over, the shifter knob bushing we're like...extra virgin tight.

Hey guys! I finally found the problem....

I had a nice surprise when I removed my Pressure Plate...

2010_0421somwhereClutch0036.jpg

So well...LOTS of headache for an exploded clutch. Who said Exedy was SO reliable? ^_^

They are reliable if installed currectly.. reusing clutches are a bad idea.. ive seen that happen to $50 clutches and $250 clutches.. its best to throw a new clutch in everytime the tranny gets dropped.. saves from doin work twice

Actually, the clutch wasn't worn out, it gripped perfectly.

I was changing the transmission because of grinding gears so I looked at the PP and it was all-good. Didn't bother with the clutch since it was O.K before doing the work, but I guess it was ''holding'' together with a little bit of luck.

Oh and if I had taken the time to remove that damn clutch...It would have saved me the trouble of dropping the transmission...3 times ;)

Anyway, I learned alot, gained experience, all toward my work since I just finished my mecanics classes.

Back