new member building a 96ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keg

hi im doing a ek civic 96 it has a d13b inject motor im butting in a b16a can i use the same loom and change it around or do i need new loom and comp is there any threads on hear that can help?:D

Are you going with an obd 2 b16 or an obd1 b16??

By comp, i think he means computer or otherwise known as ECU.

Youll want the b16 ecu with the correct obd.

i have sourced a full car 91 integra what do i need to look out for when taking loom out and wht connects it to the ek to switch it on ?

if you need axles take them along with the half shaft. from the integra
same with engine
tranny is cable not hydro so sell that
the ecu needs to be the same obdas the engine OR you can buy a conversion harnes from obd2a [which the 96 ek is] to obd1 with a chipped ecu should run about $150lb [uk?]

also if the 91 integra has GREY plugs then its obd1 and you could grab the entire engine...

you can also reuse the wire loom that came with the civic... youl just need to add or extend some wires

all this can be found by searching, thats how i know it.

so i can use the 1300 loom that was in my civic but tweak it a we bit where can i source that info?

i'm not sure i think 91 was when they came with obd1 and cable tranny.... but it could be 92.... not sure....thats why i mentioned the grey plugs
92-93 were definitely OBD1 and cable. 90 was definitely OBD0 and cable. Know that I think about it the 91s might have been both, some OBD1 some OBD0. They all were cable though.

Back