new model g tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
just saw an add for the "new and improved" g-tech and just wondered if anyone has taken any g-tech to a dyno and tested it. do they really work? i dont see how they could. all it plugs into is the cigarette lighter.

Actually, they don't. Anything Brian doesn't personally own or plan to own suxs in his opinion. <_<

I sell them all day long and while I don't personally own one ( :D ) I hear that they work quite well. The comon report is that they tend to be off by about 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile and within 20 horspower of actual. Whatever, they are a cool toy. That is all they are though, it's not a tuning device, it's just for people to get an idea of thier cars capabilites. If you run consistant 16.00s on the G-tech and you put on a header and your time drops to 15.8 consistently, then who cares if the time is exact or not? You know it made you ABOUT 2 tenths faster. Just my .02 cents.

wasnt getting one, just curious. right now all extra money is going into my new motor.

whatever. I just sell 'em, I don't make them. I could give a fuck if you don't buy one or you buy 12 and hit them with bats. I was just trying to give some information.

they may be "accurate" but they're still worthelss.

They must be really expensive to be worthless. Something that even estimates your 1/4 mile time and horsepower can't be worthless unless its way more expensive than a dyno run.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Dec 3 2004, 09:50 AM
Actually, they don't. Anything Brian doesn't personally own or plan to own suxs in his opinion. <_<

I sell them all day long and while I don't personally own one ( :D ) I hear that they work quite well. The comon report is that they tend to be off by about 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile and within 20 horspower of actual. Whatever, they are a cool toy. That is all they are though, it's not a tuning device, it's just for people to get an idea of thier cars capabilites. If you run consistant 16.00s on the G-tech and you put on a header and your time drops to 15.8 consistently, then who cares if the time is exact or not? You know it made you ABOUT 2 tenths faster. Just my .02 cents.
[post=425781]Quoted post[/post]​

2 tenths 2 cents who cares. My friend here at work has one I have been meaning to check it out I will talk to him today about it.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 3 2004, 02:20 PM
They must be really expensive to be worthless. Something that even estimates your 1/4 mile time and horsepower can't be worthless unless its way more expensive than a dyno run.
[post=425870]Quoted post[/post]​

They cost about as much as 3 hours of dyno time - $300

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 3 2004, 04:03 PM
dyno > gtech
[post=425913]Quoted post[/post]​

20 times over. Like I said, the Gtech is a toy. Nothing more. It's a cool toy, but a toy nonetheless.

I wanna buy a dynojet. That'd be so fuckin' pimp to have a dyno in my backyard.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Dec 4 2004, 05:24 AM
Your dumb if you buy a g-tech. Whoever invented them should be shot. Too much usless crap in this world.
[post=426225]Quoted post[/post]​

That's right! Spend your money on Uberdata!!!! :roll:

Back