new motor for my HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pablo hatch92

beginner
Hi every one.

I'm another new guy. I bought a 92 CX around 4 months ago, i just like the body style. Any way the time i changed the spark pugs i noticed oil in them, so i started looking for a new motor (or used) and i've got a quote specifying the same price for a d15b and a d15z1. But before i boy the motor i want to make sure that i can put a d15z1 in my old CX, but i think it's going to be a matter of the ECU.

I'm not heading to a great performance car, i just want to drive a good looking hatchback for some years.

I know that i must read, but i don't seem to find the info that i'm looking for. If somebody can just tell me if i need to get a new ECU or if it is better to get the d15b and remain CX.

Thanks for your time.

Did the oil appear to be all over the thing? There's a real good chance that you have spark plug tube seals leaking. You can buy a valve cover gasket set and those will be included. I don't believe a motor swap is what you need(unless you just want a better engine.

Well, the truth is that it is only one of the symptoms, the car is burning oil like crazy, i fill the gas tank every week, and the carter every 2 weeks. And in the moments of need (when need to step in the gas) there is a lot of black smoke in the mirror.

That's why i'm looking for a motor, and i was thinking that it might be worthy to try a D15Z1 as it is as cheap as the D15B1 with rising sun engines.

I will appreciate any info about the ECU in this matter.

Hey dude,
just finished, well not really finished, installing the d15z1 in my 92 cx. Good swap if you are looking for 45 MPG!!! Thing is I bought the 5 wire O2 and new computer and rewired fro vtec and threw codes right and left. Then needed to get the wife of my back and popped the 1 wire O2 back in with the d15b8 computer (p05?)... runs like a charm... passed emissions at about 20% of allowable limits. Just no vtec. But who cares, just wastes gas. EGR stuff is not hooked up, control box ( CVC and EGR Vacuum selonoid) not hooked up still getting 45 mpg with half city half hwy.

Last edited:
Back