New Motor For The Coupe....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Found it on craigslist. I've been looking into a mini-me, but I saw the deal and couldn't pass it up.
D16Z6 with 97k on it, new HG, EX trans, EX knuckles and axles. Complete motor, IM, exhaust manifold and dizzy. $300? Why not.

Motor with trans off of it. Some external corrosion, but it was stored in a garage. Valve stems look nice and shiny, no leaks!
img1244nd5.jpg

Trans, IM on the floor. Major refinishing is in need. The clutch looked newish, but I chucked it anyway. IM looks good, with not much sludge, and all the sensors intact.
img1246vf8.jpg

Spindles, axles and other misc bullshit. Balljoints are blown on one of the spindles, but thats about it - other than the disks being absolutely trashed.
img1247mv9.jpg

I also got a P06 along with the motor. Guy said it came out of the same car the motor did, but obviously not. Haven't opened it up to see if theres anything funky going on inside yet.

So basically I'm gonna douche the motor, trans and other shit, repaint the block and trans, paint the VC, throw on some new gaskets and drop it in. The guy said the dizzy doesn't work, but I'm gonna check the rotor and the wiring. Figure I'll replace the timing belt, waterpump, oil pan gasket, main seal, clutch slave and clutch all at the same time. All I need now is a VTEC ecu *cough* socketed P28 *cough*, possibly a new dizzy and a drivers side upper mount. Right now I have a VTEC harness on order from a o guy on Ebay, and I'll likely pinout my harness myself.

scoooore!

i can get you the hookup with another socketed p28 with that p06 in trade.

moms se-r. lol

um.......no.

Lol.

Yeah, thats my mom's bomb-ass SE-R Spec V in the spindle pic.
And yes, it will look nice. When I get back this weekend I'm making a stop and grabing tons of brake cleaner, hi-temp silver and hi-temp black. Hello new looking motor.

Bead blast the whole thing. Then hit the brackets with gloss black.

Scuffed the whole block, cleaned it and hit it with ultra-high temp silver, and it looks good with just a few coats on. I've cleaned up the manifold, PCV box, fuel rail, mating surfaces and other odds and ends. I still have yet to clean the trans, but all is well so far. I have a VTEC harness on the way, along with a new dizzy, clutch line and IM gasket.

I <3 Ebay and JHPUSA.

Bumpage with updates!

Project Update. Things are going together right now. All I need now is fluids, a clutch disk, new TO bearing, slave cyl and an ECU . Going to have one of my P06's converted to VTEC and socketed.

Took some time today to finish off cleaning the motor and bits.

1000655ln4.jpg

1000656gn4.jpg

1000657tj7.jpg

My mad vtak wiring kit from Hondapartshero...great bit of kit.

1000658ft0.jpg

I may or may not swap it before my first meet on the 25th. Some parts I'm waiting on still aren't here, and one of my friends is still using the engine hoist for another's swap (that I know of). Since I've held off on ordering a clutch online, I also don't want to use an Auto zone generic clutch kit. I'm still thinking about it, but I may hold on for a few more weeks. My new ECU will take at least a week to socket and convert anyway.

I also took the time to fire on my mad jdm tow-hook yo.

1000643ll6.jpg

tow hooks are useless and add weight :)

still waiting to hear from matty :(

Haha, JDM ZC top section with EX bottom section FTW!

Just got done ordering an IL4 clutch line, I'm also going to order a chip from Phearable and some smaller things.

I have a friend of mine working on a map for a P28. Lets just say it involves a cruise control switch, spark cut and no-lift. :ph34r:

Back