New Muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hows it going? last night my pos muffler fell of my car lol long story....anyways i bought the stock replacement muffler today and put it on....now its sounds like complete ass when driving. I have the D15b2 turd and it has a header into a pipe to the muffler no cat, no resonator nothing....could that be the reason why it sounds that way? or is it cause its just a stock muffler? Also does it matter that my muffler goes inside the pipe and not outside? Should i buy the little piece that goes from 2 1/4 - 2 inches. my old muffler went around the pipe. Is that how it should be or does it really matter?

Thanks!

definitely caused from no cat.. a resonator will get rid of raspyness .. but w/ no cat, its gonna sound like shit regardless

i figured that. so does it matter that my muffler is inside the pipe and not outside?

see if i do that id have to get a completely new exhaust cause cause all the bolts are rusted on...but thats for the advice

I'd recommend a whole new exhaust anyway. A header into a stock exhaust is like a bottleneck. I say just have the muffler shop weld you up a new exhaust with slightly bigger piping.

Back