new need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rpmraper

ive got a y8 in my rex converted to obd1 everything was cool for a couple years.. then the dizzy went out.. its a td 52u accord/ prelude dizzy in it now number 1 how is this possible..number 2 is it safe and should i just but that exact same setup and run it or buy another one..and if i buy another one..what dizzy should i get? ive asked this question on two other honda fourms and it seems like no one really knows.. so if any of you know the help would be AWSOME.. thanks in advance..

As long as it is an OBD1 dizzy and bolts up it will work. biggest concern for me would be if the slot where it lines up with the cam is at the same angle relative to the rotor direction. If it is it should be just fine. If it isnt check your timing and make sure you have enough adjustment to bring it in.

its had the same dizzy on it for years..it just craped out and i found it odd that that one would be on it..so ok cool ill just order a new one, thanks for the STRAIGHT FORWARD REPLY those are hard to get nowadays..;)

ok got the td 52u dizzy, everything is the same EXCEPT i have no wires that run to the coil on the new dizzy..whats up witht at am i supposed to splice something? my old coil wires are spliced one is yellow and green, the other is black and yellow..that cant be the correct way of doing things..

Back