New OEM Clutch slipping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wellllllll check the push rod adjustment yourself then :). I'm tellin you, sometimes it feels adjusted right the first time, but it isn't, mainly because it isnt broken in when you first adjust it.

HAHA he already said thats not the problem...:mad: jeeez...the damn dealer didnt resurface the flywheel, therefore the disc doesnt sit flush against it, thus the DAMN CLUTCH SLIPS!

actually with mine, it wasn't engaging all the way because the pedal was hitting the stopper early.

meh. i say it's worth a looksee.

You may just need to replace the flywheel. Cutting flywheels can be similiar to cutting rotors. If you cut out of specification, than you run into issues. Your clutch is a little more technical than your rotors. My best guess, judging by your symptoms, would be an over-surfaced flywheel. Take it back to the dealership and make sure the C-Tech doesn't re-do the job, ask for the A-tech. :thumbsup:

I'm worried that the clutch is already cooked because of the flywheel issues. Could that have happened already?

Well the friction surfaces on the disc can be damaged, due to the increase in heat from slippage. What it all boils down to, is inspecting it thoroughly and taking measurments while the clutch out. No matter how you look at it, the dealership is responsible.

Wow. I would say that was a positive experience today.

I went directly to the Werkstadt manager, and told him the problem. He asked what car, and immediately remembered me from last week. He grabbed a technician, and the tech and I got in the car, and he drove it around for a bit. We were going to get on the autobahn, but he wittnessed it slip at every single shift, and told me "Uh, this is no fun. There's no power." So, at the onramp traffic circle we went back to the dealership. When we got back, he was not amused, nor was his boss.

They've given me an appointment for Tuesday, not sooner because they don't have the parts on hand. He said that they'll get here quickly. So. Monday night after work I drop off the car, and they give me a rental car for as long as it takes to fix it. It'll be all free of charge.

So, yeah, to recap:
Dealership said "Whoops, our bad. We'll fix it for free, and give you a rental."

I would take my car there for service soon as they do something bout all that ocean in the way

Heh. Yeah.

I guess there's a reason why Honda is rated #1 for service quality in all of Europe.

EDIT: All of their rental cars are Civic Type S, or Accord Type S.

so the dealer finally owned up and fixed their blunder....prob solved, now the question is...what kind of rental car did you get??

so the dealer finally owned up and fixed their blunder....prob solved, now the question is...what kind of rental car did you get??

Either a civic type S, or an accord type S. I'm hoping the civic.

EDIT: I just reread your post. I didn't get it yet. I'll get it monday.

Last edited:
Well, I got the rental, for a day. They took a look at my car, and said that they have to replace everything except the pressure plate and throwout bearing.

They're going to call me when the parts come in, but for now I'm back to driving my car, which for the record, handles better on the autobahn than the Type S. I think it's just because I've got lower profile tires on mine. All said and done, I'm farely happy with the dealership, when they gave me the car to drive, the guy pulled it off the lot. Heh. It had 1069km on it when I got it, and 1270 when I gave it back, and all I did was drive home and to work in it. The gas milage sucked though, only 22 mpg.

Recap: They're replacing everything with new parts, for free. The Civic Type S is nothing special, it's still a civic.

Well, I got the rental, for a day. They took a look at my car, and said that they have to replace everything except the pressure plate and throwout bearing.

They're going to call me when the parts come in, but for now I'm back to driving my car, which for the record, handles better on the autobahn than the Type S. I think it's just because I've got lower profile tires on mine. All said and done, I'm farely happy with the dealership, when they gave me the car to drive, the guy pulled it off the lot. Heh. It had 1069km on it when I got it, and 1270 when I gave it back, and all I did was drive home and to work in it. The gas milage sucked though, only 22 mpg.

Recap: They're replacing everything with new parts, for free. The Civic Type S is nothing special, it's still a civic.

still they dont even have rental civics round here..all fords and buicks..

still they dont even have rental civics round here..all fords and buicks..

It was a dealership car, not a rental. Most rentals here are Audi, VW, Mercedes, BMW, and Ford.

Here, you have to ask specificly for an automatic transmission, and then you have to pay an extra fee, because they have to ship the car to the location.

Over here, I'd say about 95% of cars are manual.

WOW...crazyness...just the opposite here. so pretty soon youll have all new clutch components and not a care in the world eh?

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but yeah. Pretty much.

Now my only worry is tuning the engine below 2500 RPM to get a little more power down there, and swapping in the y8 IM so I can use the IACV and actually use my AC at idle.

Whenever a new disc is installed, a new throwout bearing should be installed, being it comes with the part when ordered. As far as them not replacing the pressure plate, thats a little cheap-o on their end. They shouldn't cut corners after a mistake like that.

No, when they replaced the clutch the FIRST time, they did the pressure plate, throwout, and clutch plate.

This time they're going to replace the whole thing. The guy said that everything has to be replaced.

On another note, after they replaced my clutch the first time, the pedal is extremely light. Like, super extra light. We're talking gas pedal (on a throttle by wire machine) light. Air in the lines?

The dealership just called me. I've got an appointment for Wednesday morning.

They're giving me another car to drive while mine is getting fixed. (again). Maybe this time I'll get a chance to get caught in traffic in it.

BTW: What can cause the clutch pedal to be extremely light? It requires about the same pressure as my gas pedal.

Back