New Oil filters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercivic

Just changed my Oil and got the new small OEM filter
( Mobil 1 5w-30 and OEM filter)

I was just wondering if you plan on staying with this filter or are you going to go with something different, I know they're supposed to raise oil pressure, but I still don't know its kinda small

everyone on here says FRAM=SHIT, and the new filters are made by Fram

Also what do guy think about the Mobil 1 filters

thanks for your opinons, in advance

There was a oil filter test posted sometime back and STP, Bosch, and Mobil1 were the best. The stp and bosch were exactly the same but stp costs alot cheaper.

Originally posted by legutki@Oct 6 2003, 03:15 PM
There was a oil filter test posted sometime back and STP, Bosch, and Mobil1 were the best. The stp and bosch were exactly the same but stp costs alot cheaper.

go back to there site and now they say that they no longer recomend the STP filters because they changed there design. Just search prelude oil filter test. I am now using the Prolatuor(sp? ) PureOne filter.

i heard the new S2000 oem filters are made by toyo-roki and are good(i think they are baby blue color,but im not sure)and he said that they will work on most hondas..anyone check this out?..btw im running mobil1 synthetic/hamp filter

OEM

even with them being smaller they are better
"coming from a few friends who work for honda dealers"

plus my CBR F4i calls for a smaller size filter then the rest of the 600s pre 2001 my bike holds up to 15K RPM with the smaller filter so thats saying something

and yes FRAM = TOTAL SHIT!

You say the new honda OEM ones are better then the older ones but yet they are made by FRAM so is it still better or is it shit? I just changed and i didnt notice the FRAM but now i see it and im wondering what to do next oil change.

also why is highper oil pressure better?

higher oil pressure=better lubrication=longer lasting motor

so is the OEM honda filter just a Fram that has been painted Blue or what?
or was it designed by honda to honda specs, or both?

trying to decide whether to stay OEM or go for something different

according to the review i read, the U.S. honda filters are constructed exactly like fram's. but they are not made by fram. they are made by a company called filtech. thats why you should look for the word Filtech. it will be printed on the side of the filter in white letters. If you see it...run away!

Hum, just bought one of the new small ones from the dealer on friday and it said made by Fram in white letters, I think the old style(large) may have said Filtech on them but not sure

any comments?

which is it Filtech or Fram?

and what to use now ? oem or something new

if you want to use the "made in japan" oem filter then use this part number 15400-PCX-004. it is for the S2000 and it will fit your honda...

fram? does not sound right Im gonna have to look into that

Fram bike filters SUCK ASS! I need to find the pictures of them cut open VS other filters

Im looking at my honda filter for my F4i and its made by Toyo Roki MFG CO LTD

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Oct 8 2003, 12:09 PM
Hum, just bought one of the new small ones from the dealer on friday and it said made by Fram in white letters, I think the old style(large) may have said Filtech on them but not sure

hmm maybe in different parts of the country, they are made by different companies...in any case both fram and filtech suck. i doubt you will find a JDM honda filter from a US dealer. they would have to be imported from japan and would cost alot more than their USDM counterparts.

you know what really bites...if you buy a fram/filtech honda filter, you are paying like 7-8 bucks for a fram-quality filter!

Back