New owner of a 90 accord but not new to honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esaccord

i recently purchased a 90 honda accord dx from a friend it runs and drives goos this is the 2nd honda ive owned my 1st one was a 99 civic hatch with a gsr motor and trans that got stolen in november 09. Anyways the only reason i bought this accord is becuase a friend needed the money and sold it to me for 100 bucks its not rusted out has 2 inch drop spindles on the front and lowering springs other then that he took all his ricer parts back. the car has its normal dents from years of friends beating it up. plans for it are to fix the dents in the body swap bumpers to better looking ones with a acura legend lip rims full exhuast and repainting it either white or a darker blue but i have to find out what i should do with the blueinterior any suggestions would help. also id really like to do a h22 swap but ive never done this swap before and this car is a project so any help will do.

also im about to be the new owner of a totalled prelude with an h22 what all should i take from the prelude for my swap i swear civic hatchs are so much easier but i wanna be able to have a fast 4 door i think it'd be different for a change

i did this swap in my 91 4 door actually, if the prrelude is made before 96 it ismuch easier. basically use your stock motor mounts, stock axles, stock shift linkage, ect.... the only customizing you will have to do is the wiring harness and that is easy for these swaps...when i did mine i had to extend a few wires like the distributor, and coolant sensors. also you have to add the wires for the vtec pressure sensor, solenoid, and knock sensor, just run them wires through the firewall, to the ecu. i dont remember what pins are what, but research that and everything else should be like a stock replacement motor, if it is an OBD2 h22 you will need a obd1-obd2 harness to work with the computer, because obviously you need to use the h22 computer

Back