new PA laws

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

A bunch of my buddies have been telling me that the word being passed around the local car shops is that PA is passing some new laws regarding the modification of cars- They said, no car can have wheels more than 2" larger than stock, no aftermarket exhaust whatsoever, and no more than 2" lower than stock height- Can anyone verify this is really true? I mean what's going on, what are they trying to do, I don't see what harm a person is doing by having a set of 17's on his civic? If this is true, man i'm screwed

Damn! I don't know bro, wish I could help you out more. However, if it is true, that sux major donkey! I'll be chacking back often to see what's up with that tyranical bull.

they are gonna put a lot of shops out of business, not to mention all the wheel shops around that only sell bigger rims- I mean shit, what harm is it realy doing- I can imagine a ton of accidents stemming from cars lowered more than 2 inches- In fact, lower cars are more stable, so one would assume less accidents would result

Originally posted by Airjockie+Nov 17 2003, 08:33 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Nov 17 2003, 08:28 PM
gay laws are taking the country by storm

welcome to the plague call "liberalism"

:lol: so true.

As far as I can tell, previous laws state that "ride height is permitted with limitations"

If you wanna look up laws head on over .....here:
www.dmv.state.pa.us/

or call:
(800) 932-4600 and ask someone. ;)

i think they should go after suv's with 24inch 50+ pound rims on stock breaks

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 17 2003, 08:42 PM
i think they should go after suv's with 24inch 50+ pound rims on stock breaks

:withstupid:

I slid through an intersection Saturday and my car is light as hell*... think of what would happen if someone with an SUV with all that weight tried that...

*it was raining, I was doing the speed limit and the light turned yellow, I tried to stop, then realized 2000 Si's don't come with ABS, tried pumping the brakes, slid into the intersection and said fuck it and dropped a gear and went through... I figured if I did get stopped for it, I could say I tried to stop. :unsure:

my car is only a 1.5 inches lower then stock so i am safe and my rims are 15's and if i keep my car i am getting a different muffler

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 17 2003, 08:48 PM
my car is only a 1.5 inches lower then stock so i am safe and my rims are 15's and if i keep my car i am getting a different muffler

Are you from PA? if you're from elsewhere there's different laws...a couple states don't allow for ANY ride height modification at all... :angry:

Think how it is down here in Hawaii. We already have all that crap and more. Sucks doesn't it. We need to get recon for every little thing u do to ur car.

yeah or even more important than SUVs with huge wheels and stock brakes, how about the god damn SUVs themselves, why don't they crack down on the real problem which is the enormous amount of gas the country consumes (mainly thanks the gigantic suv's on the market) instead of picking on us guys who are just enjoying a hobby

you notice that cops leave all the hot rod v8's alone now

I just don't think you're seeing it. I don't know how many times I've seen a Z28 get busted for just "breaking traction" downtown... cops around here LOOK for street racing...whether you're doing it or not doesn't matter.

i am not saying that they dont get fucked with but it is not as bad as it was when i was in high school. i have been seeing more imports pulled over then anything

i should of worded it better.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 17 2003, 10:44 PM
i am not saying that they dont get fucked with but it is not as bad as it was when i was in high school. i have been seeing more imports pulled over then anything

i should of worded it better.

oh oh ok I see mang. ;)

Probably because this import craze is making the cops pay attention to it...You got fucktard ricers revving at Domestics and accidently rammin their cars into the rears of the cars in front of them. (you've all heard the stories) I bet that's why. :)

you notice that cops leave all the hot rod v8's alone now

here in mn they are

Right next door in ND the hot rods have a car show on wed. and they do burnouts and run without any mufflers. They also have no fenders, just open wheels. But of course I get pulled over twice in one week for no front license plate because I was driving a lowered civic :ph34r:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 17 2003, 08:17 PM
A bunch of my buddies have been telling me that the word being passed around the local car shops is that PA is passing some new laws regarding the modification of cars- They said, no car can have wheels more than 2" larger than stock, no aftermarket exhaust whatsoever, and no more than 2" lower than stock height- Can anyone verify this is really true? I mean what's going on, what are they trying to do, I don't see what harm a person is doing by having a set of 17's on his civic? If this is true, man i'm screwed

well, if you dont go 2 inches over stock, you have less of a chance plaguing your gas mileage and fucking up your speedometer. :p

Back