New parts for the build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Here's some of the new items I bought for the Accord. Hopefully the turbo manifold shows up this week :)

aem.jpg

aem1.jpg

hondatb.jpg

MMMmmm 73mm :D

hondatb1.jpg

hondatb2.jpg

I'm going to paint the valve cover like I did this SRT4 one for a buddy:
srt3.jpg

^Hyperblack!! Pics do this color no justice! In sunlight it looks like chrome, in the shade its gloss black. In dim lighting its a mix and just looks OH SO HOT :D

Nice...I like...
where did you pick up that throttle thingy from? How much?

From a company called Power Throttle Bodies. It looks awesome, the work was done well. 68mm butterfly with a taper to 73mm for the inlet.

Decided against the Hyperblack and went with Hyperblue:
hondavc.jpg

I thought they were sending me a blue fuel rail so now the blue AEM FPR looks all alone with the 1 blue piece. Figured this will make it look less out of place :)

Edit: For those of you with a valve cover that the paint either peeled or you tried to paint it and it came out like total shit. Try this stuff:
ilovebacon.com - dumb but fun

We've been using it for years at work. Its excellent on metal, I would NOT recommend it for anything other then metal!!! Its VERY strong shit too, wear gloves and keep changin them, it WILL burn your hand!!

We put some covers in a can with this shit and shook it up, then let it sit and soak. WELL, when we popped the lit it fuckin exploded in our faces and gave me some minor burns. Be careful if you use this shit.

Basically you just brush it on, let it sit for 10mins or so, then use a putty knife to lightly scrape away all the bubbled up paint. When you get the big stuff off, use a garden hose or parts cleaner spray to get the remnants. Re-apply if theres still some paint on the part.

I was able to strip the cover this morning, paint at lunch and its dry enough to bring home tonight. Not bad for an hour or 2 of work time :) FYI, I use REAL paint, no spray can shit :p

Last edited:
Back