new payroll taxes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$52.77 per pay check poorer...and my wife is $58.22 per paycheck more poor......thats $2885.74 less take home pay a year. With companies starting to increase prices by 5% because of obamacare along with our new pay decrease, i'll have to cutback on my 401k contributions which are failing miserably anyway. i'm getting 1.98% return on investment.

Thanks Obama for fighting for the middle class.

3289.jpg

I really hope you're kidding.

I really wish I was. B and a few others know why, when I said I'd be debt free in June, it'll be a huge burdon being done with and this money means nothing to me then.

It really doesn't sound like much unless you have the full idea. So don't get judgmental.

I really wish I was. B and a few others know why, when I said I'd be debt free in June, it'll be a huge burdon being done with and this money means nothing to me then.

It really doesn't sound like much unless you have the full idea. So don't get judgmental.

no judgement here.....if someone works at Mcdonalds(NOT SAYING YOU), they are living a lifestyle that suites that work, and that kind of money decrease can really hurt a family, especially when two people are getting hit.

for me, yeah taking home $2900 less a year between my wife and i is a big deal. i made a budget when i moved, went over it 50 times with my wife and even her father and loosing $2900 a year wasn't in it. It doesn't effect my everday life, it just decreases the amount we can contribute to our savings.

But if you think long term effects, we are loosing $2900 a year and if we live another 40 years on that salary, thats $116,000

Who still holds a job they had 2 years ago these days? everyone moves around, makes different money, etc etc... it's hard to compare to something when it wasn't there before.

i've held the same job for nearly 8 years, and just received a 10% salary increase.

most people just suck at their job. i strive to be the best.

i've held the same job for nearly 8 years, and just received a 10% salary increase.

most people just suck at their job. i strive to be the best.

Did you get promoted or did you just get a standard raise? I received 4/5 stars on my last review and got a 4% raise last July. Almost everyone is my office got 3/5 stars and a 2% raise. 10% raise without promotion or switching companies is just unheard of these days no matter how good you are.

Company's have a new attitude this day and age since the collapse. It's called "Be happy you have a job and don't expect raises or bonues"

I haven't had a job at the same company for more then a 1.5 years. In March 2006 I was making $27,500(Clerical) at a company. I switched companies and took a new position and that jumped to $39,500(Ajuster trainnee). 2007 went to $48,000 with the same company(Promoted to Adjuster). 2009 switched companies, same job(Adjuster) jumped to $55,000. 2010 switched companies and promoted to (Sr. Adjuster) to 61k. 2011 new company new job (Analyst) $67,000 and recently with 4% increase at $70k

There is just no way to increase your pay these days without getting a promotion or switching to a new company.

Take it for what you will, but, there was an article on Yahoo a few weeks back which basically said if within the first 2 years of your employment, if there is no talks about promotions, its basically time to start look elsewhere.

scott, again you are wrong. and you dont even know anything about what i do :lol:

i'm the 2nd in command of the company. we are doing well, bringing in clients and selling our services. everyone got raises this year... all four of us.

$52.77 per pay check poorer...and my wife is $58.22 per paycheck more poor......thats $2885.74 less take home pay a year. With companies starting to increase prices by 5% because of obamacare along with our new pay decrease, i'll have to cutback on my 401k contributions which are failing miserably anyway. i'm getting 1.98% return on investment.

Thanks Obama for fighting for the middle class.

3289.jpg

You really need to look at your contritubutions and where they're allocated. Last year I hit 17.5%. Year before around 19% but didn't have much rolled into this account so it didn't reap. This all before my company matches my contribution 's first 6% in company stock.

You shouldn't be getting 1.98% during this amazing recovery period. Shit my companies dividend is higher than 1.98% and the stock growth was huge.

The 401k benchmarks are up around 40% in 4 years.

scott, again you are wrong. and you dont even know anything about what i do :lol:

i'm the 2nd in command of the company. we are doing well, bringing in clients and selling our services. everyone got raises this year... all four of us.

wrong about what lol ....i asked you a question, was it a standard raise or a promotion? how can i be wrong.....and most companies do not give 10% raises, again so where am i wrong?

You really need to look at your contritubutions and where they're allocated. Last year I hit 17.5%. Year before around 19% but didn't have much rolled into this account so it didn't reap. This all before my company matches my contribution 's first 6% in company stock.

You shouldn't be getting 1.98% during this amazing recovery period. Shit my companies dividend is higher than 1.98% and the stock growth was huge.

The 401k benchmarks are up around 40% in 4 years.

It's automatically controlled by New York Life and i don't have the time or effort to research it to manualy imput my contributions. I have to trust that a compnay rated A++ by AM Best knows what they are doing.

Clearly, they don't.
And i feel your pain.
My 401k is shit at this new job. I basically have 10 funds to choose from. I put like 10% in all of them because they all suck.
my old job let me trade on the free market. And i've made a killing being able to do my own research, jump in on some REIT's at the bottom and ride their 15% dividend (yup) to the top of their price incease too.

wrong about what lol ....i asked you a question, was it a standard raise or a promotion? how can i be wrong.....and most companies do not give 10% raises, again so where am i wrong?

relating back to the previous thread i didnt bother posting in again. it was neither a standard raise or a promotion. in my line of business, the only REAL overhead is payroll and expenses associated with that. i don't work for most companies. our clients either fit our way of doing business or we tell them to screw after 3-5 months :) that's managed services, baby.

we don't follow the normal boundaries of a standard business, and only having 4 employees makes executive decisions real easy. we're scheduled for another few hundred thousand of revenue, increasing, this year so i would not be surprised if the man in charge hands out another biggun for the team.

relating back to the previous thread i didnt bother posting in again. it was neither a standard raise or a promotion. in my line of business, the only REAL overhead is payroll and expenses associated with that. i don't work for most companies. our clients either fit our way of doing business or we tell them to screw after 3-5 months :) that's managed services, baby.

we don't follow the normal boundaries of a standard business, and only having 4 employees makes executive decisions real easy. we're scheduled for another few hundred thousand of revenue, increasing, this year so i would not be surprised if the man in charge hands out another biggun for the team.

that's awesome man ....never leave that company....cause out in the real world.....you ain't getting no 10%.

Our company has out performed the stock market for the past 5 years by an average of 15% and we havent seen a penny of it. it's just not what normal companies do. Your company obviously is the "exception to the rule"

thanks, i consider our group very lucky! its easy to maintain and add clients to our base when we can undercut existing IT firms by a few thousand and still provide much better personalized service.

Have to love that my December bonus (money I earned in 2012), is being taxed at the new rates because the check was issued today. I just realized the hard way that my company ends the pay period a day before the check, no matter what.

no judgement here.....if someone works at Mcdonalds(NOT SAYING YOU), they are living a lifestyle that suites that work, and that kind of money decrease can really hurt a family, especially when two people are getting hit.

for me, yeah taking home $2900 less a year between my wife and i is a big deal. i made a budget when i moved, went over it 50 times with my wife and even her father and loosing $2900 a year wasn't in it. It doesn't effect my everday life, it just decreases the amount we can contribute to our savings.

But if you think long term effects, we are loosing $2900 a year and if we live another 40 years on that salary, thats $116,000

What Jeffie probably doesn't realize was at this time last year I had another $600 in income from roommates. Brian has been moved out since September so all I have to fall back on is my own paycheck, which is now shorted yet another 13 bucks thus far. It may be just one or two more fast food meals or one night out at the bar, but it is in fact something I have to cut out of my budget one way or another.

I cancelled my auto insurance and drive my work vehicle when I need to, now I have a mere two months until I can cancel my tv and phone service (neither of which I wanted anyway), I'll suffer for a bit longer. This summer will be the best summer ever.

Between my wife and I we're out nearly 5k this year based on 2012 salaries. My wife just got her increase (3.2%) and yearly bonus (25.3), mine won't be known until April so only time will tell exactly what our impact will be for FY2013.

Not exactly 1% problems but every bit helps me prioritize and budget accordingly for the future.

25.3% bonus? yearly increase? fuck im in the wrong industry.

i'm in my best bonus ever, at 10%.
and still have yet to EVER recieve a raise at ANY company i ever worked for, without changing jobs/positions. 'cost of living' raise i guess they call it.

Some companies prefer bonus benefits to larger raises. Her bonus potential is tied directly to company profitability. Her insurance line had no major catastrophic events and brought in a bunch of new specialty business and therefore, the employees are rewarded handsomely for their hard work. :)

My company is 10% standard bonus and I've gotten stock options before. My raises are standard at around 2-5%. My biggest raise came from leaving and coming back ;)

Back