New phone, what can I do to it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have looked, and cant really find a decent safe list for my sensation.

think i'll just experiment. i dont want to remove anything that is htc or sense related, tmobile put a lot of their own apps on there that i would like gone. so, i will just force them all to the sd card, and see if any issues arise.

a lot of those pre-installed apps can't be moved to the sd card. stupid.

if i cant move it, then i'll delete it. dont have any use for them, all they do is collect data that they have no need having. all the permissions required by these apps it stupid.

A word of warning when rooted. Be careful what you delete. Some system apps are completely necessary, some are just bloat. I found it after the fact, but on one of the forums you should be able to find a "safe" list, of what you can and can't delete. What you can and can't move to the SD card. It'll save a lot of headaches to search for that list first. Super User access allows you to improve the phone a great deal, it also allows you to completely screw it up.

yeah man you really can mess up your android install if you delete certain things... but you can find custom roms for alot of phones which can be pre rooted, and with all the bloatware uninstalled and accounted for in the file system so it can run properly.

The samsung galaxy prevail (yes, the banned one) has tons of third party support. thats what i have and theres at least 10 stable android distro's that i can get. I alternate between 2 of the roms which are named ctmod and cyanogenmod 7. Then there's the the iPhone lookalike, joyOS too. There's even an ICS rom made from the Galaxy S2 code that i could use... and like i said theyre all stable too

Back