1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pics- New Rollerwaves For Me!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by phunky.buddha, Mar 25, 2003.

?

1. Cool

100.0%
  2. You s

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I just did a mass update to my site hosted here on HondaSwap... so check it out:

http://www.hondaswap.com/~mike/new_pistons

Those are the piston pics. They're going in this week, and hopefully I'll have my car back and running by Friday. You can see the indention for the higher wrist pin mount location, along with the partial skirt underneath the piston, the deeper recess in the bottom of the piston to provide clearance for the top of the rod, and the strutted sections providing extra strength and stiffness as well. You wouldn't believe how light these pistons are!

http://www.hondaswap.com/~mike

Check out the CRX log and everything else on there... I'll be documenting the CRX buildup step by step there.

2. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

Damn, they sure do look purrrty :worthy:

3. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

was the b20 block too fucked to reuse?

4. phunky.buddha

No- this way was cheaper. :lol:

The resleeved GSR block that Phillip had sitting in the shop was a better deal, and it was ready to go. If I sent the B20 block out to Golden Eagle to be resleeved, who knows how much time it would have taken to get back? A resleeve job on the B20 block would have cost around $1000, then it still doesn't have oil squirters and a crank girdle. Having the squirters and girdle made it worth the few extra hundred bucks to go ahead and buy the GSR block- I would be saving money in the long run, and be using an OEM girdle rather than a Z10 (would have cost another $600 or so in parts, plus installation).

I could have reused the B20 block, but neither me nor Phillip knew how far it would have to be bored out to clean up the scoring in cylinder #4. I wouldn't have been comfortable running 85.5mm on the stock sleeve- you wouldn't have too much of the inner lining left... plus I'm trying to get 250whp all motor out of this thing. The resleeved block is a bit of extra insurance at the high compression levels and rev speeds that this engine is going to be living at.

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i voted that you suck :D
    those are very nice man, i can't wait to see how that motor performs, it will be a MONSTER! :)

6. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

yea, i asked the question before looking through all your pics. how did you do that to your engine? was it fueling probs?

7. phunky.buddha

Look through the Racing/Kill Stories (whatever we called it) forum. There's one with me against a C5 Corvette on Christmas day- that's how it happened. One month later the rings totally let go on the way to Houston. I think that part was described in another "Engine go boom" thread.

8. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

I know EXACTLY how light those pistons are. You aren't the only person on this board with a set of Endyne's! :)

9. KrUsHa

KrUsHa Senior Member

10. paragus

paragus Senior Member

you suck. :p plain and simple

11. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

Nice setup, do you think it'll put up bigger or smaller numbers than your CRVTEC did?
    Also, I was checkin out your painting thing, would that work with like some amber paint for your corner lights as well?

12. phunky.buddha

Hopefully bigger numbers. These are the plusses for this engine over the last:

More displacement, 23cc worth
    Lighter pistons: less rotating mass to work against inside the engine
    Longer rods: better stroke geometry, can rev higher more safely
    Crank girdle: can rev higher more safely
    Oil squirters: lower piston temps- can get more aggressive with tuning
    Adjustable cam gears: more tuning options

Yeah, I think I'll have a good shot at more power. That was the whole idea, anyway. :lol:

Painting corners amber might be a little more touchy than painting your amber tails red, but I don't see why you couldn't follow the same steps. You just need to be a little more careful with your paint choice, since you're painting on a clear surface. If you're not painting on a clear surface, don't try to make any drastic color changes... it never looks right- like if you're trying to change a red lens to blue or something. Use Testor's spray paint. One of my friends painted his Altezzas red on his Accord, and it actually looks really good.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted