New Pics- New Rollerwaves For Me!

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
I just did a mass update to my site hosted here on HondaSwap... so check it out:

https://hondaswap.com/~mike/new_pistons

Those are the piston pics. They're going in this week, and hopefully I'll have my car back and running by Friday. You can see the indention for the higher wrist pin mount location, along with the partial skirt underneath the piston, the deeper recess in the bottom of the piston to provide clearance for the top of the rod, and the strutted sections providing extra strength and stiffness as well. You wouldn't believe how light these pistons are!

https://hondaswap.com/~mike

Check out the CRX log and everything else on there... I'll be documenting the CRX buildup step by step there.

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre+?-->
La_Pieuvre @ ?) said:
Damn, they sure do look purrrty :worthy:

Thanks! Hey O- I need to talk to you about this weekend. I'll give you a call later on. :)

SixtySecondAssassin
@?
was the b20 block too fucked to reuse?

No- this way was cheaper. :lol:

The resleeved GSR block that Phillip had sitting in the shop was a better deal, and it was ready to go. If I sent the B20 block out to Golden Eagle to be resleeved, who knows how much time it would have taken to get back? A resleeve job on the B20 block would have cost around $1000, then it still doesn't have oil squirters and a crank girdle. Having the squirters and girdle made it worth the few extra hundred bucks to go ahead and buy the GSR block- I would be saving money in the long run, and be using an OEM girdle rather than a Z10 (would have cost another $600 or so in parts, plus installation).

I could have reused the B20 block, but neither me nor Phillip knew how far it would have to be bored out to clean up the scoring in cylinder #4. I wouldn't have been comfortable running 85.5mm on the stock sleeve- you wouldn't have too much of the inner lining left... plus I'm trying to get 250whp all motor out of this thing. The resleeved block is a bit of extra insurance at the high compression levels and rev speeds that this engine is going to be living at.

i voted that you suck :D
those are very nice man, i can't wait to see how that motor performs, it will be a MONSTER! :)

Originally posted by B16+?-->
B16 @ ?) said:
i voted that you suck :D
those are very nice man, i can't wait to see how that motor performs, it will be a MONSTER! :)

:p :p :p :lol:

Wait until the headwork is done... the engine will really wake up then! The head going back onto that block is still 100% stock.

SixtySecondAssassin
@?
yea, i asked the question before looking through all your pics. how did you do that to your engine? was it fueling probs?

Look through the Racing/Kill Stories (whatever we called it) forum. There's one with me against a C5 Corvette on Christmas day- that's how it happened. One month later the rings totally let go on the way to Houston. I think that part was described in another "Engine go boom" thread.

I know EXACTLY how light those pistons are. You aren't the only person on this board with a set of Endyne's! :)

Nice setup, do you think it'll put up bigger or smaller numbers than your CRVTEC did?
Also, I was checkin out your painting thing, would that work with like some amber paint for your corner lights as well?

Originally posted by SiR Kid+?-->
SiR Kid @ ?) said:
I know EXACTLY how light those pistons are. You aren't the only person on this board with a set of Endyne's! :)

What I'm saying is that the strutted pistons are a quite a bit lighter than the normal Rollerwaves. :lol:

Originally posted by KrUsHa@?
:eek: i want some

Call Intercrew, $500 or so and they're yours. :lol:

Originally posted by paragus@?
you suck. :p plain and simple

:p :p :p :lol:

TRuggiero_
@?
Nice setup, do you think it'll put up bigger or smaller numbers than your CRVTEC did?
Also, I was checkin out your painting thing, would that work with like some amber paint for your corner lights as well?

Hopefully bigger numbers. These are the plusses for this engine over the last:

More displacement, 23cc worth
Lighter pistons: less rotating mass to work against inside the engine
Longer rods: better stroke geometry, can rev higher more safely
Crank girdle: can rev higher more safely
Oil squirters: lower piston temps- can get more aggressive with tuning
Adjustable cam gears: more tuning options

Yeah, I think I'll have a good shot at more power. That was the whole idea, anyway. :lol:

Painting corners amber might be a little more touchy than painting your amber tails red, but I don't see why you couldn't follow the same steps. You just need to be a little more careful with your paint choice, since you're painting on a clear surface. If you're not painting on a clear surface, don't try to make any drastic color changes... it never looks right- like if you're trying to change a red lens to blue or something. Use Testor's spray paint. One of my friends painted his Altezzas red on his Accord, and it actually looks really good.

Back