New pics of my freshly repainted 636

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Just repainted the 636 this past week, figured I'd put up some pics.
It was Raw Plasma Blue, didn't have anything wrong with the paint or
the fairings, I was just tired of the blue and ready for a change.

I've got a set of black OEM decals with '636' in red on order, along with
flushmount front blinkers and an integrated taillight.

The only mods on it is the Yoshi slipon,
K&N air filter, and HID's (unless you count the jumper & pair valve mods).

The paint is a factory Chrysler white (I work at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership). It
was easy as hell to prep the bike as the Raw Plasma Blue bikes only had clearcoat
on the tank...I just had to take the clear off the tank and scuff up the rest of the
bike. Took maybe 15 minutes to take all the fairings off the bike, 45 minutes to sand/prep
everything, and about 2 hours of paint time (including baking).

I'm not a professional photographer by any means, and my digital camera isn't the best, so forgive my not-the-best-in-the-world photos.

Enjoy!

2lnus5.jpg

b4byhx.jpg

2z6zau0.jpg

23u7eqq.jpg

jjv80g.jpg

dniv68.jpg

14j27tx.jpg

122gtut.jpg

Last edited:
Looks "JDM"... Kind of like my car. :thumbsup:

Looks really good ! I'm painting my 600 plastics now. The plastic flaws come up SO much in paint. I'm sanding forever.

But my tank is going to be bare metal, and I have a ding in it. I've got a welder-type of dent puller that I'm using to pull it out.

Also, what's up with the turnsignals ? They look ... blanked out on some of those pics, but clear on others.

If you're going white paint, then clear lenses would be neat.

Also, what's up with the turnsignals ? They look ... blanked out on some of those pics, but clear on others.

If you're going white paint, then clear lenses would be neat.
It doesn't have any turn signals at all - about 15 minutes after I snapped those pics, the UPS truck showed up with my clear flushmounts for the front.

i like it.

kinda looks like snow camo. lol too bad you can't ride it in the artic!

they do make snow and ice tires for bikes
yep, they are right next to the dirt tires used in MI-II

Looks good. weren't you supposed to come paint my nissan? haha

Back