New problem civic wont turnover

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fixed4 life

I have a 90 civic hatch i drove it earlier and it started up fine. When i went to drive it again a hour later it wont start. It doesnt even crank over I put the key in the ignition and go to start it and it does nothing. I checked the battery and it has plenty of power lights turn on and radio works fine i can even here the fuel pump working. All i get is a click and thats it. Anybody have any ideas?

Starter contacts are worn out.. either disassemble the starter and replace the contacts or you'll have to buy a new one. Keep trying to turn the key to start it and eventually it should turn over.

I pushed started my car and drove it for ten minutes then parked it. I went to start it again and it worked. I didnt think it was the starter cause the starter didnt click at all. Should i still remove the starter and have it tested could it have been stuck. While my car was running i made the stater grind to see if it worked and it did.

I'm confused now, in your first post you said it made a click and that was it? The thing with the starter contacts is it is usually an intermittent problem. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it will just click and not turn over. The contacts are on the inside of the starter case where the power wire goes into it. You have to remove the cover on the top and there should be a plunger with a spring that you can pull out and the contacts are beneath it. If they are worn down that is most likely the problem and you'll need to either replace the two contacts or the whole starter if you can't find contacts. Hope that helps..

sorry i meant like a relay click not a starter click the starter doesnt click at all. I removed the starter and had it tested and it passed. When the car is running i turn the ignition to start the car again whike its running and the starter will engage and you can hear it grind so i know its getting power but when its off it doent make any noise.

here is a update my ground cable was loose i forgot to tighten the bolt back down when i replaced my clutch.

Back