New product for OBD2 vehicles...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Nov 22 2004, 01:18 AM
Who the hell is TPR magazine?

NEWays.... good luck with your snap-on scan tool....er..... product.
[post=420247]Quoted post[/post]​

TPR magazine is Tuner Performance Reports.

www.tprmag.com

B)

people make stuff like that every dayfor there own cars and don't think they 'invented' some great product. i guarantee it only cost you about 60 bucks in parts and information gathered from other people who have already done all the work fo getting the values for the sensors. the only thing that cost something is teh lcd display.

yeah ok, and the point is?

this dude put it all together, in a decent package and is just trying to make a couple bucks for himself in the process

cut him some fucking slack- if you don't plan on buying one stop haggling the shit out of him

my point is, this shit isn't some new incredible invention that we can't live without, and basically this whole 'threADD' is a sales pitch, so put that shit in the vendor's booth, or put it no where at all.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Nov 21 2004, 04:32 PM-->
Originally posted by Brock@Nov 21 2004, 09:07 AM
AllMotorMonster
@Nov 21 2004, 03:17 AM
Is it just me, or does this item look like it was cut with a jigsaw and beat with a hammer before taking the picture??

[post=419950]Quoted post[/post]​

For your information, the box is a CNC machined 1591HSBK from Hammond Manufacturing.

B)
[post=419995]Quoted post[/post]​

For your information, your website looks like SHIT.

Maybe you should preview your pictures before hosting them. That way your product looks better.
[post=420079]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey if you don't like the pics keep it to yourself. Not everyone thinks the pics are bad. I think they're perfectly fine.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 21 2004, 07:20 PM
kids from my school designed one of those for their senior project
[post=420129]Quoted post[/post]​

Any pics? If it's so good why aren't they trying to sell it?

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 22 2004, 10:09 AM
people make stuff like that every dayfor there own cars and don't think they 'invented' some great product. i guarantee it only cost you about 60 bucks in parts and information gathered from other people who have already done all the work fo getting the values for the sensors. the only thing that cost something is teh lcd display.
[post=420321]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey i'd like to see you make one for 60 bucks that looks half as good as that one....go ahead do as your sig says. Try as hard as you can to prove me wrong! :)

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 22 2004, 01:08 PM
my point is, this shit isn't some new incredible invention that we can't live without, and basically this whole 'threADD' is a sales pitch, so put that shit in the vendor's booth, or put it no where at all.
[post=420405]Quoted post[/post]​

Since this is an "ad" why don't you have a moderator move it to the vendor's booth! You could just PM them instead of spamming the thread with your bs. All your doing is bumping it.

And I agree with slammed90lude...if you don't want one or aren't interested in it then just don't post anything. People today are just fucking rude.

"Ohhh your product looks like shit"

"Looks like it got hit by a hammer!"

... :sniper: haters

wow, a triple post, i think that's a record. why don't you quit swinging on 'brocks' nuts about his product. anyways, good luck with sells, but with something like this, you're better off putting it on ebay, there aren't too many ricers here ;)

and he has everyright to post it here. he wasn't saying:

For sale, XXXXXXX for $YYYYY

he was showing the product and what it does- thats what this forum is for- discussion of electronical stuff.

unfortunately, it looks like you'll have scared another supporter away.

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 23 2004, 06:51 AM
wow, a triple post, i think that's a record.  why don't you quit swinging on 'brocks' nuts about his product.  anyways, good luck with sells, but with something like this, you're better off putting it on ebay, there aren't too many ricers here ;)
[post=420955]Quoted post[/post]​

Welcome to the internet if you think thats a record. And i'm not obessive about his product or anything. I was putting in my 2 cents. I like the product and i would recommend to anyone who actually give 2 shits about what the fuck goes on under the hood. But i guess thats a "ricer" thing.

If you don't like the product or don't have any thoughtful complaints about it and what can be improved then fuck off. This is my friends business and his product. I've tried it out and i'm giving you my honest opinion on it.

I've posted my opinion on other forums and i haven't had anyone bashing it like this. I've had a lot of positive responses and good questions and some things which people don't like which are SERIOUSLY considered as something to fix in the future.

Your just some fucking kid who has nothing better to do then be an e-thug and troll around the internet all day. It's not just me being a noob to this forum saying fuck off but other people who've been here longer then you. I'd take a hint and just leave or watch what you type. <_<

Originally posted by DC5 Tuner@Nov 23 2004, 03:56 PM
I'd take a hint and just leave or watch what you type. <_<
[post=421142]Quoted post[/post]​

perhaps you should heed you own advice. anywho, how about a kPa to INhg conversion? does this product have the ability to read positive manifold pressure also? how about an o2 mV conversion to to regular volts, does it have the ability to read wideband signals? what is the difference between the display and real temps (nothings 100% accurate), have you actually measured temps and compared to read outs, or just trusting the voltage conversion?

There's no "voltage" conversion. The ECU outputs data that is already formatted. That's
the OBD2 specification. All sensors that are supported by the ECU will be in a measured
quantity format. In other words, the RDD or a scan tool will ask the ECU what the
sensor reading is at that time and the ECU will respond. For example, the RDD will ask
for the IAT (intake air temperature) and the ECU will respond with a data byte 0 - 255
which is the temperature in Celcius - 40 degrees. So, the range of temperatures is
-40C to 215C. All units are in metric. The RDD converts for English mode. Manifold
pressure range is from 0 - 255 kPa. So, yes it will read positive manifold pressure. In
screen mode 6, the RDD shows RPM and MAP (if a vehicle is equipped with a MAP sensor)
and a conversion to psi if the pressure goes over 100 kPa (positive pressure). A local
tuner shop made some suggestions as to what data to show and how to show it. So, at
this time the MAP is only displayed in kPa. The MAF is displayed in g/s. The o2 sensor
can display voltage or A/F ratio if it is equipped with a wideband sensor. When the RDD
initializes, it asks the ECU what sensor data it supports. So if a vehicle has a MAP or MAF
or wideband o2 sensor, it knows. As far as accuracy, the RDD simply displays the values
it gets from the ECU, so the values are only as accurate as the ECU's interpretation. But
since the ECU was engineered to meet some pretty strict emissions standards, I would
venture to say that the values are extremely accurate.

:cool:

When I had a standalone unit hooked up to my car we compared the sensor readouts and they're dead on. The A/F was exact with the 02 sensor output. The RDD shows exactly the values the ecu puts out. Just like Brock said.

But everything depends on the car. The RSX comes with a wideband 02 sensor stock so it would work for finding your a/f pretty well but on other cars with a narrow band it will be all over the place.

And yes it shows positive pressure! But as brock also stated not on all cars. I plugged my unit into other cars and it only works on cars that outputs the map sensor read out. It didn't show boost on my friends MSP or my friends 1.8t. But on other cars it works. And for boosted hondas it should work perfectly. :)

It didn't show boost because vehicles that have a turbo from the manufacturer usually
use a MAF to calculate load. No MAP data, no way to calculate boost.

:cool:

some cars that have f/i stock have map sensors instead of maf. Subies have maps but the newer ones don't work. Older ones work fine i think. Stupid 80000 protocols. Why can't they just ues one! :p

Originally posted by Brock@Nov 23 2004, 07:00 AM
Does it really look something intended for ricers?
Actually, eBay would be a bad idea business wise. Maybe this thread wasn't such a
great idea either. But I paid to advertise on this site. Which means I can create a post
to talk about my products. My sole intention was to create awareness about my
company and the products. But apparently some people got irritated. I can't please
everyone. By the way, I'm an automotive engineer working for one of the big 3.
I know how to design automotive electronics. Probably better than a lot of aftermarket
companies out there.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but like I said, I'm trying to create awareness about
my products.

B)
[post=420968]Quoted post[/post]​

don't worry about that it looks like a killer product and yes i could build one but my time and the parts would cost me much more than you r product sells for. I would buy one if the came in obd0-1 but they dont so i am stuck with the crapy home made one that i need to change now

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 24 2004, 01:50 PM
does it support s2000's?
[post=421739]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, it works in all OBD2 Honda's with factory ECU's.

B)

Back